4~tough love works

~Lavender Evans POV~

I know I'm not the only one at breakfast who noticed the amount of tensions between Lily and Sirius at breakfast, but I was too busy internally panicking about Divination to worry about that.

I don't think I can make it through two days in a row being forced to work with Amos. I know he's just trying to me nice, but if he's pretending to forget me, I'll break.

But much to my dismay, the bell still rang which meant I had to go to Divination.

But luckily I got there before most people, so I could find an empty table.

So of course I went back to reading my book, what else would I do?

Well other then avoiding looking up when someone put their stuff down in the seat next to me.

I really didn't want to look up and see Amos, I just didn't have the energy for it today.

"Hey bean" He said as he sat down. I don't think I've ever been more relieved while being completely aware that James is gonna be annoying me the whole period.

"Hey Potter" I said

"You sound relieved" He said, I looked down at the table

"Take a breath Evans, I'm just messing with you" He said as the professor walked in.

"Okay everyone, I hope you all are ready to open your minds to the art of Divination today" She said

"She couldn't be any more strange if she tried" James said

"Eh, I have some faith in her" I joked, he just looked back at me.

"Sorry, I-" I started

"No, Evans don't apologize, I just don't think I've ever heard you joke before" He said

"Oh.." I said

Luckily the class started after that so I could ignore and awkward silence that surprisingly never happened.

"You've zoned out for the past 20 minutes, you good?" James said

"Huh" I said

"Never mind, bean" He said with a laugh

"Here, she was basically just explaining that we have to do the worksheet she's handing out, and that we can work with the people next to us if we want" He said

With that, the rest of the period was spent trying to figure out together how Divination works. Which is much more complicated then it seems.

"See you later, Evans" James said as he turned to go into his class, which was ironically right next to the study hall.

"See ya" I said

I walked in and took my seat, being honestly ready for a period of letting my social battery recharge so that I can talk to Remus next period.

"Hey Evans" I heard, never mind

"Guess what?" He said

"Whats up Sirius?" I asked

"So, lucky you, my study hall and Transfiguration classes got flipped, so, you're stuck with me here everyday" He said.

"Oh?" I asked

"Yeah, that reminds me, do you know anyone who has Transfiguration fourth period?" He asked

"Yeah, me" I said

"Oh shit, so you're stuck with me two periods a day, let me rephrase my previous statement, lucky me" He said

"I don't think I'm as interesting as you think Sirius" I said