Chapter 4

The doors to ENOZI High has been opened widely early in the morning by none other than Kim Minjoo herself. The students at the corridors looked over, waiting to see who entered. When they saw it was only Minjoo, they went back into doing what they were doing before she came walking in.

Minjoo came walking smugly over to her friends who were on their usual spot just before the classes start, which was located near where their lockers were. As soon as she reached the place and caught their attention, she raised her index and middle finger that was holding a folded-paper in between.

"Ooh, what's that?" Wonyoung asked, looking at the paper with curiosity. Minjoo stared at Wonyoung like she couldn't believe what she just heard.

"Wait, you guys don't know what this is?" She looked at the others for answers but they seem to be lost the same way Wonyoung was.

"Uhm... no?" Hitomi answered hesitantly.

Minjoo pouted slightly before speaking, "It's my entry for the contest! You know, we write our names on a piece of paper then we submit it."

A look of realization came splashing on her friends' faces. "Oh, so that's what the paper is for." Yuri said, nodding amongst the others.

"I guess you were really serious about joining." Sakura says, stepping closer to Minjoo so she could hear her.

Minjoo nodded her head. "Mhm, I am." She gave her friends a huge grin after answering.

"Well, we haven't written our names on a piece of paper yet. Maybe we could drop ours later during lunch?" Sakura added, looking at the others who seemed to agree to her idea.

Minjoo then pouts again. "I wanted to drop our papers now but it seems like I'm the only one who's ready to submit." She says.

"Hey, it's okay. You can drop yours now if you want to. We'll go with you, right guys?" Chaewon says suddenly after Minjoo finished. The others nodded their heads at Chaewon, agreeing.

Minjoo's face lit up. Not only because she'll be able to pass her entry now, but also because it was Chaewon who suggested it.

She smiled broadly at her friends, "Awe, thanks guys. I would love that."

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Yuri said straight away, leading her friends to the place where the box was located.

--

The box was placed just as where Ms. Im said it would be. It was placed on top of a table that was near the teachers' louge. A lot of students were near the place. It looked like that they were waiting for someone to drop their names on the box.

Seeing all the people around the place made Minjoo feel shy all of the sudden. "I think it'll be better if I drop mine later with you guys." She tells them shyly, ready to head straight to class.

"Nope, no way. You're doing this now. Come on, you'll do just fine." Yuri grabbed Minjoo by the shoulders, pushing her lightly to where the box is.

Minjoo gulped. She was already half the distance from where the box is, thanks to Yuri's pushing. Minjoo noticed that the students suddenly became quiet after seeing her in the middle. Taking a deep breath in, Minjoo went towards where the box was located.

The box was a simple cardboard box that was evidently made by a teacher. It seemed like it was made from a small box, about the size of those boxes that juices were put into for packaging. It was wrapped in a light-blue colored paper and had a paper attached to its front that read 'Twist of Fate'. On top of the box, a little slit was located, for students to be able to put their entries in.