Chapter 23

Minjoo sat on one of the chairs placed near the beach, busily looking for something in her phone. There were some chairs and tables placed near it for people to use as they eat and relax on the beach. She was seated together with two people in it—Yuri and Hyewon.

This morning, the teachers and staffs agreed to let them have a free day together. With that being said, the students decided to have breakfast over by the beach along with doing some swimming and sand castle building. They decided to pitch in whatever food they have for all 12 of them to share.

I think, this is her. Minjoo tells herself as she scrolls through Gaeul's account.

After their talk yesterday, Minjoo couldn't help but to get curious with Gaeul. She didn't know why she got curious or why she was looking her up right now, but all she knows is that she'd like to know more about the girl. Or rather, she'd like to know who was she and how she and Yujin got close.

"Minjoo. You still haven't touch your food yet." Yuri says that made Minjoo look up from her phone for the first time this morning.

"Huh?" Minjoo asked. She looked down at her plate that held two french toast and an orange juice as her drink. "Ahh, yeah yeah. I'll eat it later."

She then continued scrolling through her phone that made Yuri roll her eyes.

"If you don't eat now, I'll tell Ms. Im that you're using your phone for something bad." Yuri teased.

Minjoo put her phone down as she scoffed, offended. "I am not a person like that."

She placed her phone next to the plate (forgetting to turn it off) as she grabbed one of the bread and took a bite. "There. Are you happy now?"

Yuri gave her a thumbs up while still eating her food.

As Minjoo was about to pick her phone up again, she noticed Hyewon looking at it.

"Oh, hey. That's Gaeul." Hyewon pointed to one of the pictures displayed in Minjoo's phone.

Minjoo's eyes widened, quickly picking up her phone, and turning it off.

"Who now?" Yuri asked, chewing on her bread confusedly.

"Gaeul. Kim Gaeul. One of Yujin's close friends. Yujin used to bring her along to hangout with us before their family had to move out of town because of her father's work." Hyewon explained.

"O-kay. Thanks for the introduction." Yuri said unsurely. She then turned to Minjoo. "And why were you looking at her account?"

"Oh, it's because... I just want to, uhm..." Minjoo begins, trying to explain herself. She doesn't even know herself why, what was she supposed to say?

"You know, it's because we met her yesterday while we were out and I was just, like, curious about her...?" Minjoo said with uncertainty.

She was afraid that Yuri saw through her lie but thankfully, she didn't. Instead, she noticed something else.

"Wait, you met her. Like, how? Did you even go out? Oh and..." She then gasped. "You said, we so does that mean Yujin and you went out yesterday?" Yuri asked excitedly.

"Well, yeah. It was getting a little boring inside the house with nothing to do." Minjoo says, doing her best to act casual.

"Omo!" Yuri exclaimed, quickly grabbing her phone. "So you were the girl that she posted in her story yesterday! Honestly, I thought that was a pinterest pic because of how good the photo looked!"

"Wait, what?" Minjoo was surprised at what her friend told her. "What picture? I didn't know she took a picture." She hurriedly went over to Yuri's side to see what it was.