Chapter 21

Two days have passed and the students awoke with a sudden jolt due to the sound blaring from the speakers inside their homes in which they didn't even know they had.

It was still very early in the morning—5am to be exact—and no one was awake, not until the speakers rang.

The sound played on continuously, like a sound from the military when they were waking their soldiers up. It seemed to do the trick because some of the students who were sleeping were now getting up on their feet.

This resulted to the students waking up earlier than they intended. With heavy eyes and a groggy feeling, they headed outside their houses to see what the commotion is about.

They knew this could only result to a single explanation—it was all part of the contest and the fourth challenge was coming.

"Okay, we're up now!" Yena annoyedly says to no one in particular. She stood right outside their house with one eye still closed. "You can stop the music now. It's hurting my ears!"

The sound from the speakers stopped playing just a moment after Yena said that. A few moments later, they each saw someone standing before them.

The teacher who lead them to their houses the first day stood in front them. As soon as all the students were out of their houses, the teachers beckoned them to follow and led them to the place where they held the first challenge.

The MCs—Tiffany and Moonbin—stood before them with bright smiles on their faces, seemingly not affected by the early activity.

"Good morning!" Tiffany greeted cheerfully. The students nodded, still didn't have the energy to greet back.

Yujin let out a huge yawn and glanced at Minjoo who was standing next to her.

Just like the others, Minjoo still looked bewildered with all that was happening today.

Yujin noticed how she was wearing her shirt inside out, probably due to her getting ready sluggishly. She chuckled at how cute the older looked.

"I know everyone is still sleepy about waking up this early in the morning but there's no better way to start the challenge now!" Tiffany happily said. The students wondered how she had that energy this early in the morning.

"The fourth challenge will take place the whole day that's why we intended for you guys to start this early." Moonbin says next to Tiffany.

"For today's challenge, you guys will have to go on a treasure hunt."

Despite the sleepiness ringing inside each of them, the students' ears perked up upon hearing this.

"Before you all get excited, this treasure hunt will not be taking place here." Tiffany says before the contestants could even talk among themselves.

"Not here? But isn't like the beach a perfect spot for a treasure hunt?" Yuri questioned, her eyebrows furrowing.

"It is but we have another place in mind that fits the description better." Tiffany's eyes twinkled.

As soon as Tiffany said that, the students heard the sound of engines getting closer by the minute over by the sea. The closer it got, the more they realized that there were ten small white boats coming there way.

"For today's challenge, we're going island hopping!" Tiffany says excitedly.

Minjoo noted how the atmosphere suddenly changed from being sleepy to sudden excitement. It was as if all the students weren't disturbed from their peaceful slumber.

"We'll be giving you 30 minutes to go back to your houses and prepare. After that, you are intended to return here where these boats," Moonbin gestured at the boats that were now arriving "will take you to the island where the challenge will be held. We'll also tell you more about the challenge once we arrive there."