Chapter 17

Three days have already passed and they were nowhere near in creating a plan on how to get their ranks higher.

The day after the challenge, they were too tired to chat or do anything else so they weren't able to talk just like what Yujin said back in the van. The next day after that, they slept the whole day and every time one of them wakes up, the other was sleeping—resulting in another day wasted without planning.

The following day Yena invited Yujin to hangout with her and the others, since there were no announcement of a new challenge yet and they had the day to themselves. Yujin tried asking Minjoo if she'd like to come but Minjoo declined the offer nicely and told her that she'll keep an eye on the house while she was gone.

And yesterday, they had the time to plan and think of a strategy for the next challenges. Although they thought about it carefully and thought about what challenges could be given to them, there were just too many posibilities. They didn't know if they should practice for a relay, an eating contest, a challenge where they'll have to use their wits, or even something along the line like the game Hole in the Wall.

With no concrete idea on what the next challenge will be, they decided to give up for the day. They hoped that the school could at least give them the tiniest of clue what the next challenge would be so they could prepare.

It was around 9 in the morning when the two have woken up and is currently making breakfast. Yujin was the one tasked to make it this time, after Minjoo made one yesterday. They tried to keep their fair share of chores and duties around the house so there'll be no complaints.

As Yujin stood over by the stove cooking their breakfast, Minjoo sat idly by the chair on the island. She was scrolling through her phone casually, waiting for breakfast to be made.

"Three days have passed and we still got nothing." Minjoo started. "No results from our scores of the previous challenge or even a notice on when the next challenge will be."

Over by the stove, Yujin kept cooking while she listened to Minjoo. "We'll get something from them. It's not even a week yet and I doubt they'll prolong the third challenge. They only have limited days to finish this contest after all."

Minjoo nodded, agreeing with Yujin. The room became quiet once again, nothing but Yujin's cooking can be heard.

"So..." Yujin began, trying to start a conversation again. "Does pancake work for you? We have things we can use as toppings in the fridge if you like."

Minjoo hummed, still using her phone. "Yep, I don't mind. As long as it's cook well, it's fine by me."

Yujin seemed satisfied with Minjoo's answer and after a few minutes, the pancakes were already done. Yujin put her now cooked pancakes over by the table as Minjoo stood up to see how she did.

"Hmm, those pancakes look good." Minjoo said, inspecting some the batch that Yujin made. "I'll go get the toppings."

Minjoo took out almost everything that she can inside their fridge that can be used as a topping for their pancakes. Different kinds of syrups, fresh fruits, nuts, chocolate chips, and other varieties of toppings were laid on top of their dining table. It was as if they were holding a party for some guests.

"Okay. We can both choose the toppings for our pancake and we can put back the leftover toppings that we won't be able to use. How's that sound?" Minjoo asked Yujin who nodded her head with a small smile.

"Sounds good to me." Yujin answers before grabbing a plate and beginning to make her own pancake with her toppings of choice.

A few minutes after the two finished putting in their toppings, they sat side by side by the table, admiring their work.