Chapter 25

Minjoo put her phone down the moment she had read the message. She then placed her hands on her head, completely messing up her hair—not knowing what to do now. Yuri was left still staring at her phone in worry.

"That's it. Nothing good ever happens to me." Minjoo said with a chuckle, hair all messed up when she lifted her head.

Yuri sighed, putting her phone away as she helped fixed her friend's hair.

"Don't say that. That's not true. No one knows what will happen next." She says, making Minjoo listen to her. "Do you? 'Cause I don't. You'll never know when things might make a different turn."

Minjoo stared at Yuri with a pout. She knew her friend was making her see the bright side and was staying positive for her even if she knew that all things were going downhill.

She hugged Yuri tightly, burying her face on her friend's shoulder. Yuri held her still.

"You really think so? You really think there's still a chance of fixing all this?" Minjoo asked, her voice muffled by Yuri's shirt.

Yuri sighed again. "It won't be easy but I know there'll be a way to fix this, there always is."

Minjoo nodded. She stayed in Yuri's hold for a few minutes before pulling away. No one dared to speak after that.

"So," Yuri then said, breaking the silence a few minutes later. "are you going to talk to her before the last challenge starts? It says in the text that it'll start two days from now."

Minjoo grabbed her phone to look at the message again. Yuri was right, she had two days left before another challenge starts. She decided to think it over before giving Yuri an answer.

"I think..." Minjoo started. "it'll be better to just let her be for now. I wouldn't risk damaging more on what we have just for this contest. I know that she needs time and I'll give her that. Might as well lose this contest than make things worst."

Yuri nodded as she take in Minjoo's words. "Probably the best thing you can do for now so, I'm all for it."

--

Two days have passed and it was already the day of the last challenge. Minjoo and Yujin still haven't talked to each other the past few days and so, Yuri was the one who came with her to the spot where the challenge will be held.

Just like what is said on the message, the last challenge will be held over by the beach—also similar to the place that they've been holding the previous challenges.

Upon arriving there, they saw that the other pairs already arrived. Minjoo spotted Yujin by the far left, right next to Yena.

Even if they still weren't on good terms yet, she knew she needed to be where Yujin was as she was her partner after all. And so, both her and Yuri went to where the two were but instead of going over to Yujin's side, Minjoo stuck close to Yuri.

Surveying the place, Minjoo wondered what the last challenge will be. Since it's the last one, she assumed that it will be grand and hard to do as it will be the final one that they'll accomplish and will also determine who the winner is. Instead, what she saw wasn't all as huge and imposing as she had expected.

What was in front of her was the least of things that she'd thought she'd see for the final challenge. In front of them laid three long ropes with a huge cloth placed in the middle. Minjoo struggled to think how all of this was going to be used for.

"Good morning, everyone!" Tiffany's voice boomed throughout the place as she now had a lapel microphone with her.

"Oh sorry, I forgot to fix the volume." She said, laughing as she adjusted her microphone's volume. "Okay, I think that's the right volume."