Protective Part 1

Thank you@The_Black_spy for your suggestion!

You worked in MI5 with Mycroft but you had noticed you had been given fewer and less difficult and dangerous missions. This confused you, seeing your co-workers being sent to places like Iraq while you were being sent to have meetings with the CIA. As much as you liked boring meetings, you also enjoyed dangerous missions.

After four months of this, you finally decided to go to your boss about it, Mycroft. You knew he hated you for no reason, so it was most likely that is the reason. Knocking on the door of Mycroft you walked in and sat in front of his desk. He gave you a look of confusion and crossed his arms, waiting for you to say something.

"I want to know why I have not been given my share of dangerous missions" you said.

"You wish for dangerous missions?" Mycroft asked, his eyebrow slightly raising.

"I wish for my fair share of dangerous missions" you said. "It means its fair for the team"

Mycroft crossed his arms. "Unfortunately you have not cleared for those types of missions anymore"

"Wait. What?" you asked. "God it is because you hate me, you demoted me"

"No, your protection has increased, so actually" he snapped. "You have been promoted."

"I wasn't told about this" you said louder, you were completely confused.

"I made an executive decision not to because I knew you would react in this way and blame it on my hatred of you" he said smoothly.

"So then why?" you asked.

"You shouldn't be put into danger" he said simply.

"That doesn't answer my question" you said, crossing your arms, annoyed. "Why"

"As much as I" he frowned. "Detest to say it. I have grown to worry for you on missions when you risk your life."

"Why?" you asked, still confused, your forehead creasing slightly.

"Must I really spell it out?" Mycroft asked. He sighed. "I wish to protect you because I care about you deeply"

"I thought you hated me" you murmured, confused.

"That is what you told yourself" Mycroft said

It all clicked and made sense, no wonder Mycroft always was worried when you went on missions, wishing for you to every hour update your status on a mission and how he would always want a detailed report.

"Do you love me?" you asked finally after a little while of silence.

"Very much so (y/n)"he said, "I wish for us to become more than just colleagues"

"I wish also" you replied, grinning at the fact Mycroft liked you.

"May I ask you one thing though?" you asked.

"Anything" he said.

"Please let me do at least one mission a month, so I can take my fair share of duties" you said, pleading to him.

Mycroft frowned, he looked unsure. He huffed slightly. "If you wish to" he murmured and you grinned.

"Thank you, Mycroft" you said. "Don't worry I will be careful"

"I am glad you will be" Mycroft said, tapping his fingers against the desk.