What it is like to court and marry Clafin!Mycroft Holmes

Courting:

- Mycroft is a stickler to the rules and will not want to break the rules of courtship which includes not being with him alone, no physical touch and unless it was in help to you

- Mycroft does not understand flirting with fans, sometimes you send signals to him or other ladies in the room, making him furrow his brow in confusion at the odd signals you send.

- He is quite busy with work, however, he is dutiful to be with you at least twice a week for around four hours to talk and take tea together (with someone in the room with you).

- Later in the courtship after around a year had passed, Mycroft would bring little gifts such as candies and flowers for you. He always seemed to have a worried face when he handed it to you, worried you could reject them. On the country, however, you take them with a smile and a thank you.

- When he finally proposes he does it in front of a few of your family as he had to get the permission of your father. He gifts you a beautiful ring.

Engagement:

- Being engaged you can both walk together and hold each other's hands which Mycroft loves doing, feeling his fingers laced in yours while you sat together alone. Mycroft now was less strict with the rules, contented in your presence.

- As you are now engaged Mycroft tries to spend more time with you, going out to the theatre, dinners and other social events with you so that you could spend more time together.

- As time goes on you see more and more of Mycroft's soft and gentle side which he covers with a sense of duty and what is right. He would never hold your hand in private, only your arm as he deplored PDA, however, in private he is more physical, well as much as you can be in the rules of Victorian courtship.

- You do not need to wait as long as you did for Mycroft to propose as you did for the marriage to take place.

Married life:

- You would wear white for your wedding while Mycroft wore a smart waistcoat frock coat, a Daffodil tucked into it.

- Life with Mycroft was sometimes quite lonely as Mycroft was away at work for most of the day, however, he always made sure to leave and greet you warmly, taking a Victorian proverb of saying goodbye to your wife as if it was your last to heart.

- Mycroft always makes sure he spends all his free time with you, just sitting, going to concerts and other social events.

- Unlike some of his time, Mycroft doesn't have separate rooms for you both, preferring to be close to you when you sleep, his face nuzzled against your neck and his arms wrapped around your sides.

- If you ever get pregnant he will dote over you, not wishing you to be in pain as he knows how many women die in childbirth. Mycroft will make sure that he is close when you finally give birth, he will be standing outside the door, listening and wincing to the sounds coming from the room. When he is finally let into the room he immediately goes to your side, kissing your lips and welcoming into the world his child.

- Mycroft does not understand how to deal with children, therefore he leaves it to you but he makes sure that he is there for them, teaching a son to take over his job, or if his daughter manners

- Mycroft is proud of you for you are such a good mother and wife to him, his rock, his better half. Although he does not partake a lot in extramarital sex, he loves to hold you and kiss you, his fingers wrapped around your waist or back.