One.

Thursday, July 17

"Sorry kid, it ain't gonna happen."

The boy in the chair stared at his doctor, dumbfounded. What did he mean it wasn't happening? He had waited all five years of his life to get a cool quirk that would turn him into the world's greatest hero.

Monday, July 14

"Deku?" Katsuki laughed. "Must be the kind of name you give a wimp!" A clutter of kindergarten kids giggled as they surrounded  the scene of Izuku Midoriya getting shoved into the ground. He looked to be on the verge of tears.

"Just wait, Deku. This is only half of what I can do! When I get my power, no one will be able to stop me." Katsuki grinned as he looked down on his classmate.

He had always looked down on his classmates.

Wednesday, July 15

"Stop it Kacchan! Leave him alone or else!" Izuku stood in front of another boy their age. Holding up one hand as to keep Katsuki at bay.

The blonde boy snickered, pounding his fist into his palm. "Or else what, Deku?"

Izuku faulted, "Or else.. when I get my quirk, I'll beat you up myself!"

"Whatever! Whatever power you get, it won't be anywhere near as cool as the one I get. Just remember that and stay out of my way!"

Thursday, July 17

"It's safe to say you won't be developing a quirk at all, young man. I'm sorry."

Katsuki Bakugo was not angry. He was afraid.

He had made so many big claims. And so many promises about his amazing quirk. Only to find out that his amazing quirk, didn't exist.

What would his classmates think of him? Would they call him a liar? Or worse, a joke?

---------------------------------------------

Friday, July 18th, was the last day before the kids of japan went on summer vacation. Katsuki didn't go to school that day, instead he ran errands with his parents.

"Honestly Katsuki, it's not the end of the world! There are other things you can do if you want to save people." his mother tried to make her son feel better but she only sounded frustrated.

His father nodded, "Yes! You could be a doctor, or a police officer!" 

Katsuki rolled his eyes. "I don't want to be a stupid police officer! I want to be the best hero ever!" 

"Well you can't, Katsuki!" Mitsuki's voice was a bit harsher than she had intended. Masaru tensed as he saw their son's eyes widen from the rearview mirror. He knew his wife was harsh with words but that didn't stop his heart from breaking when he saw the look on Katsuki's face.

Still, Bakugou didn't say a word for the rest of the day. He didn't answer when his parents offered him ice cream. He didn't respond when they said "I love you" as they tucked him into bed.

"You can't be a hero, Katsuki."

"You can't."

Katsuki growled as he yanked his blanket up, and turned over on his side.

"Yes I can."