CHAPTER~6 (FIRST IMPRESSION)

I shower and dress quickly: a fitted gray pencil skirt; pale gray silk shirt; and high heeled black pumps, all care of my new wardrobe, thanks to Ahana. I brush and updo my hair carefully as I walk towards the living area.
Haley is in the kitchen making pancakes and eggs.

"Good morning, Miss Khanna" she says as she places pancakes and scrambled eggs in front of me.

"Thank you, good morning," I mumble.

"Would you like to take lunch with you to work?" She asks

"Yes, please"

"What would you like to eat for lunch?"

"A sandwich... salad, I really don't mind" I beam at Haley.

"I'll rustle up a packed lunch for you ma'am"
"Please, Haley call me Sana"

"Sana" She smiles and turns to make me coffee.
Just then my cell beeps.

I glance at the screen, there is a text message from Yuvi wishing me luck for my first day at work. Seeing the text I smiled little extra, that's what siblings do to you. You hate their presence if they are near but still love them the most. I finish my breakfast in a reasonably comfortable silence, thinking about the two strangers I met recently, they are poles apart, one is sweet, kind, polite and yes he is Ahana's cousin, and another one, an arrogant, short-tempered spoilt arse who had the audacity to call my drink and Me, cheap.

After cursing that stranger, about twenty-five minutes later, I'm ready to go. Clutching my brown paper lunch bag, I head to the ground floor via the elevator.

I climb into the driver's seat of my car. Though it's busy monday morning London roads are clear unlike Delhi but waiting in the traffic and listening to the FM had different avfeeling, I must admit I miss India but I also know there is no returning back to India and it's been four years now.

Kim greets me as I make my way to Susan's office,

"Morning, Sana. Good weekend?" Susan asks as I knock the wooden door.

"Yes, thanks. You?"

"It was good. Get settled, in your new office- I have work for you to do"

I nod and we make our way out of the office.

"Come I'll show your cabin" she says and walks towards the small room just opposite to her cabin, I follow her.

She opens the door it is much spacious then it occurs from outside. There is a big window showing the busy London streets, at the center of the room there is a a big wooden desk. Everything is arranged properly and just now I noticed near the door there is a wooden plate SANA KHANNA, Executive Event Manager, written discreetly on it.

"So here you go, you like it?" Susan asks.

"Like it? I love it are you serious this is mine? I mean I expected a small cubical but this is so large and spacious" I said admiring the view.

"Well I'm glad you like it, every executive planner gets their personal cabin, so this is no exception" she says as if she can read my mind.

"Thank you Susan. This really means alot."

"Sana, I haven't done anything, really. It is me looking for talents like you. I'm glad you chose our company." She says proudly.

"This is where I've always wanted to be and working with you is a dream come true." I said honestly.

"Okay now settle in, we have a meeting in an hour, this Royal Wedding project is very important for us, the details has been mailed to you, all the best for the first day and first project, I hope this is not too much for the first day?" She asks.

"No, not at all. I promise I won't disappoint you" I reply.

"Yes I know you won't, see you in an hour" she says and walks elegantly towards her office.

I look around the room everything is perfect, I quickly check my mail.
The mail has information about the Suryaghar palace, we are going to collab with their royal planner. As I scroll there is a picture of Suryaghar palace it's still the same nothing has changed. I have spent most of my childhood vacations there. I can still remember the hottest days and coldest nights there.

Flashback:
"You have to understand, you and me are totally different person, saari zindagi guzaar denge yeh difference khatam karte karte, there should be something common to be happy, but you and me, there is nothing common between us" he said.

"I agree" this was the last thing I said and left that place forever and never turned back.

A knock on the door brings me back to the reality, I look up and there is a man standing on the door, he is about 6'2 and is wearing grey suit through which you can see his perfectly tonned body, I quickly got on my foot.

"Hi, I'm Paras Singhal" he said offering me his hand.

"Hey, I'm Sana Khanna" I said shaking his hand.

"Pleasure to meet you Miss Khanna, well, you are new here right?" He asked.

"Yaah, first day" I replied

"Okay, welcome to The Panache. I hope you are comfortable here?"

"Yes, the place is fantastic and I'm very happy to work with you and Susan"

"Glad to hear that, so you are at the Royal wedding project right?"

"Yes, I was just working on that"

"Good, make yourself comfortable here, see you at the meeting in an hour and if you have any problem come to me, my room is just next to Susan's" he said with a broad smile.

"Okay, Thank you"

I look at the screen again 'Damn he was hot but no, he is my fuckin boss and Susan's business partner. No ways. I'm not thinking about him.

After almost 45 minutes, I'm ready for the meeting I've made my notes about the place, I take my laptop, notepad and file and leave for the meeting room, the one next to Susan's office. Paras is standing outside the meeting room with a girl who pays attention to every word that Paras is saying as if her life depends on his words. I make my way to Susan's office. Her door was open and Susan was on a call, so she waved me in.

"Yaah, we can arrange that and about the meeting we can do that on Friday" she said on phone.

"That is adjustable, talk to my assistant she will give you a suitable date"

"Yaah.... Okay, Okay" and she hung up.

"You ready for the first project?" Susan asks and gets up from her chair.

"Huh Yesss. Never been more ready." I said.

We walked towards the conference room.

--------------------------------------------

I'm Sorry and Thank you for waiting so patiently and staying by my side, I promise I'll be regular from now on. I hope you Guys enjoyed. Like and comment down your views. Your comments and views means so much to me❤️
- Akki🥀