CHAPTER-4 THE LUNCH

There is light everywhere. Bright, warm, piercing light, and I endeavor to keep it at bay for a few more precious minutes. I want to hide, just a few more minutes. But the glare is too strong, and I finally succumb to wakefulness. A glorious London morning greets me, sunshine pouring through the full-height windows and flooding the room with bright light.
I lie back for a moment staring through the windows at the lofty vista of London sunshine. Life in clouds sure feels unreal. A fantasy, a castle in the air, adrift from the ground, safe from the realities of life, far away from neglect and being unwanted. It's so peaceful to live here, isolated, surrounded by beautiful, precious music and works of art. So far removed from where I started, from being an unwanted child then living an extraordinary life with an extraordinary lifestyle but it was all a lie and now when I'm finally settled and moved on from the past its still empty and numb and I can't feel anything. No sadness, no fears, no happiness, it's just empty.
My alarm rings dragging me out of my thoughts and my head aches.
"Ahh, I need a coffee"
Haley, my housekeeper is already here.
"Good morning Miss Khanna"
"Morning Haley"
"Ma'am will you have coffee?" She asks.
"Yes, please."
"And what will you have for the breakfast?"
"Anything you can prepare in an hour"
"How about bacon and pancakes Ma'am?" She asks
"Yaah, sounds great" I reply and smile at her.
"Here you go, your coffee"
"Thank you, I'll take a long shower and I'm expecting my friend Ahana to be here, if she comes while I'm in the shower, just don't let her enter my room or she will burn all my cloths so that I go shopping with her"
"Okay ma'am" she says and laughs.
   In bathroom, it's all hot and steamy. I strip off my cloths and quickly clamber into the shower, anxious to be under the cleansing stream of water. It cascades over me, and I hold up my face into the welcoming torrent. I close my eyes and I see the set of dark grey intense eyes glaring at me, and suddenly all the incidents from the last night hit my mind. Damn, the stranger, was it a dream or reality? I check my tee which has a red stain on it, this means it really happened. Everything about the night is blur but I still remember his honey and amber smell and his intense grey eyes. He pushed me to the wall and I didn't do anything, infact I found this sexy. What has happened to me, why didn't I kick his balls when he was so close to me, maybe I was too drunk. Okay, Sana concentrate you have a lunch with Susan and Ahana and they'll will be here any minute.
The water is warm and soothing.
Hmm... I could stay under this shower, forever.
I reach for the body wash sandal and lavender smells fills the room but it's nothing like his smell, smell of amber and honey. It was so intoxicating and delicious. I rub it all over myself, fantasizing that it's him, him rubbing this scented soap into my body, across my breasts, over my stomach, between my thighs with his long fingered hands. Oh my.
My heartbeat picks up again. This feels so....so good.
"Breakfast is ready Miss Khanna." Haley knocks on the door, startling me.
"Oh okay," I stutter as I'm yanked cruelly out of my erotic day-dream.
I climb out of the shower and grab two towels. I put my hair in one and wrap it on my head. Hastily, I dry myself, ignoring the pleasurable feel of the towel rubbing against my oversensitized skin.
I wear a peach coloured shirt and perfectly fitted jeans. I'm not a dress kinda girl, it's not like I don't like wearing it but dressing up to impress is not my thing.
I enter the living area after getting dressed, breakfast is on the table and Haley is stocking up groceries.
"Is Ahana here?" I ask
"No Miss Khanna, she hasn't arrived yet" she replied
Just then my cell rings the name 'Princess' flashes on screen I answer quickly.
"Yes princess at what time will you be here?" I ask and I can sense she rolling her eyes.
"Ahh, I'm sorry Sana I can't join you for brunch, I have a meeting."
"Oh, no problem we can do dinner, if that's okay for you."
"Yaah that sounds great, I will text you the location."
"Okay"
I eat my breakfast in silence.
"Miss Khanna what should i preapre for lunch and dinner?" Haley asks
"Actually Haley take the day off, I've plans for lunch and dinner" I replied
"Okay, thank you Miss Khanna" she said and smiled at me.
I parked my car and headed to the entrance. The deep gray of the brick and the vivid blue trim stuck out in the area of more subdued colors. Two-storied with a huge wrap-around porch and large windows, it looked homey.
In the living area I was shocked to see Ahana sitting on the couch.
"Oh, there she is" Susan says as I enter the living room, she as always was very affectionate as she welcomed me with a warm hug.
"Okay help yourself with the drinks Sana, Deni is making the dinner for you guys, I'll go and check on him" she says.
"Hey" Ahana says smiling broadly.
"Hey, I thought you'd a meeting"
"Yup and you can join the meeting" Ahana says.
"Okay, princess now tell me what's going on?" I asked and she rolled her eyes at me again.
"You are always so curious for information." She complains
"You know now tell, what is this all about?" I ask
"So we are heiring 'The Panache' for Kia's wedding" She says.
"Oh but why isn't it like your family has their own royal wedding planners and your mom she is very good at it right?" I asked.
"Yes Kia wanted this wedding to be elegant and royal, and didn't liked what our wedding planner offered and mom can't handle this all by herself, so we wanted the best wedding planner of India to do it. So I'm here" she replied.
"So has Susan agreed to do it?" I asked.
"At first when Kia's PA contacted her assistant she denied, and said she wasn't free for a year but then I thought why not give my sister her wedding gift, so I used my contacts as my best friend is very close to her. So I personally insisted two weeks ago and she agreed for the meeting" she replied.
"And when were you going to tell me this?"
"At breakfast, Siddhant and Kia were going to handle this meeting but you know they can't do anything without me, so after the meeting Susan asked me to join her for the lunch so I thought why not surprise you." She replied
"Oh, great what a surprise" I faked a laugh at which she again rolled he eyes.
"So you're coming to Suryagarh for a month" she says clapping her hands.
"No,I'm not. I'm new here why would she take me to such a big project?" I said honestly to which Ahana made a sad face.
"Because I know what Sana is capable of, she can do anything and she will be a part of this project." Susan says as she and Daniel her husband enters the living area.
I hugged Dani.
"How's my doll?" he says with affection
"Now that, I've seen you I'm good." I reply with a smile.
"I know how workaholic Susan can be if she give you too much work then resign immediately and come to my restaurant and take the charge, I'll be more then honoured to work with you" he says which makes me laugh.
"Okay, I'll bear that in my mind" I said.
"Come let's go to dinning room, lunch's ready" Susan says and we head to the dining room.
"Sana we are going to India for a month next week for your first project." Susan says to which Ahana smiles broadly.
"Susan are you sure? I'm fine doing the small events first" I said
"I'm very sure you can do this, you're very talented Sana. If it's too much for you then you can come with us and see how it works." She says.
"No, I'm honoured to work with you. I will come with you." I said.
"Perfect" Ahana says.
"So what brings you to London Ahana, you don't like this place right?" Deni asks.
"Yaah, first of all I'd had to chase Susan because my sister was roasting me when she knew I know Susan, then to celebrate my best friends job and I've a wedding to attend on friday" she said
"Oh who's wedding?" I asked
"Just a family friend" she said.
"Any plans for Delhi Sana?" Susan asks.
"Umm.. not yet" I replied
"Actually I and Deni were thinking about going to Delhi for few days before the wedding, will you join us?" She asked
"Ofcourse we will "Ahana says before me because she knew I was going to say no.
"Okay" Sausan says smiling at Ahana.
After Lunch we talked and talked just like the old times. When me and Ahana were in boarding school, our parents were not so regular at visiting us in the weekends. So most of the weekend Deni and Susan would take us out.