sunflower - scrapped alternate ending - nothing else matters :)

(As in the chapter title, scrapped ending for the last chapter with dabi. So, manga spoilers in this too. Also Cover art credit goes to @ kriegi_art (Instagram) )

"Doesn't it hurt?" Hana worried over him.

But Toya simply shrugged, pulled out the skin stapler from his coat, and did the deed.

Hana flinched slightly in shock. "You just-" he wiped away any remaining blood with a wipe before resting a hand on her cheek. "You..." with a pout she inspected the wound one last time. Well, he hoped it was the last time.

"As endearing as it is, you can stop fussing," Toya settled for a chuckle. "It comes with the quirk."

She eyed him as if she was still unsure, but finally gave in with a sigh.

"Fine," she pecked him on the cheek before grabbing her phone and shutting off the music,"but next time rely on me a little more."

If only you knew what you were asking.

But instead he smiled and tilted his head. "So, we gonna watch a movie before I head out?"

She gave him a look for avoiding her question, but relented. "Yes movie night it is. Don't mind me if I fall asleep. Work was long," and so they picked up their normal conversation. Toya asking about her day and her expressing herself excitedly as she vented about the highs and lows. He watched and listened carefully as she made popcorn for the two of them, even though he knew their earlier conversation was never really settled.

And it never can be.

He had only recently realized how much he didn't want this to end. How much he didn't want her gone from his life. And if this kind-hearted woman found out about his villainous life, there's no doubt all this would end.

Ah, I'm selfish.

But he was a villain, what else could he be? His bastard father made him and he was going to burn for it.