ix.

WE BELONG TOGETHER,CHAPTER NINE

WE BELONG TOGETHER,
CHAPTER NINE

LUKE KNEW HE should have listened to Daisy, he really did. And he had every intention of easing slowly into things with Zain. You know, starting out as friends, all that jazz. But he got a little tipsy, admittedly. He wasn't drunk. He was... courageous.

Apparently courageous enough to show up at Zain's door, knocking rapidly.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming!", Zain shouted as he crossed the floor to the front door. "Hold your horses!" Though he was incredibly caught off guard to see that it was Luke. Not that he wasn't happy to see him. He always was. "Luke? What are you doing here?"

"I want you", Luke stated, fully confident. Zain's eyebrows shot up so fast that it was scary. "I miss you. I miss us. I just needed to see you."

"Luke, are you drunk?", Zain asked in concern, even putting his hands on both the boy's cheeks and turning his head from side to side, as if examining him.

"No. It was, like, two drinks", Luke scoffed. "Can I come in now?"

"Did you ever even have to ask that?", Zain snorted, taking a step back from the doorway to let the blonde in. "I was just worried about you, that's all."

"I promise I'm fine. Give me a math problem", Luke grinned.

"Eight times six?"

"Forty-eight."

"Eleven times twelve?"

"One hundred thirty-two."

"Twelve times eight?"

"Ninety-six."

"Alright, it checks out", Zain nodded. "Are you hungry?"

Not for food. "Depends. Are you cooking? Because if so, then yes. If not, then no", Luke answered, causing Zain to laugh. In Luke's defense, Zain had always been a great cook. It was one of the many things that Luke loved about him. (Who didn't want a boyfriend who could cook? Especially on a near professional level.)

Cooking was Zain's only escape from the world back when he was young and alone. Metaphorically speaking, that is. He spent so long suppressing himself that he may as well have been alone. He needed a healthy, creative outlet in his life, and that had always been music, but food became that too, in a way. "As a matter of fact, I was in the process of doing so."

"Good, it'll be just like it used to be", Luke grinned, taking his hand and tugging him into the kitchen. "I meant what I said, by the way. I miss you. And I guess I didn't wanna admit it. What you did back then really hurt me, and I've been really torn on how I feel ever since I guess."

"I never meant to hurt you, Luke. I mean, I guess I did, but not in a dirt bag way", Zain frowned as Luke hopped up on the counter next to him. "As much as I hate to admit it, hurting you was the best thing for you at the time. You didn't need me in your life complicating things when your career was starting to take off like that. My drama would have only gotten in the way of that."

"Zain, you leaving me to go home to your abusive father isn't drama. It's terrible. You should have told me, I would have done something!"

"You would have gotten hurt, and I don't want that", Zain frowned, turning his attention backtohis sauce pot.

"I can look after myself", Luke pointed out.

"I know", Zain hummed. "Open." It was almost odd how easily they fell back into this, with Luke obediently parting his lips for Zain to gently slide the wooden spoon between them. "Thoughts?"

"More spice", Luke decided, causing Zain to chuckle.

"You always say that."

"And I'm always right."

It took about an hour, but Zain finally finished cooking with Luke occasionally commenting about what could and couldn't be done. Luke liked this. It felt like a date. It was familiar.

After they'd eaten, they went up to Zain's bedroom to watch a film, cuddled up together with some superhero movie that Luke didn't understand but watched because he loved the way Zain got so excited over it. But that also didn't change the fact that Luke did come there with a particular goal in mind.

"Zain?"

"Hm?"

The moment that Zain turned his head, Luke cupped his cheeks, contemplating what he was about to do. Was he really about to hook up with his ex? Well, that was the goal. But what if Zain didn't want that? Then Luke would be embarrassed. Whatever, he just had to go for it. Forcing the thoughts out of his mind, he gently melded their lips together in a kiss that was almost dizzying.

*A/N: you guys voted for bottom Luke, and I have delivered. There was gonna be a detailed smut scene here, but I kind of wussed out, but there is light smut so if you are uncomfortable, please stop reading at this mark. Merry Christmas!*

Kissing Zain... Kissing Zain was like taking a shot of dopamine right to the heart. It always left Luke feeling Euphoric, his heart revving like a race car in his chest. Zain and his wicked, wicked tongue were always so passionate that it was toe curling, and even now that fact remained the same. It was a bruising kiss, one that Luke never wanted to end. How was it that something as simple as a kiss left Luke feeling... excited. With Austin, he'd always needed way more than that. At the very least, he needed head.

Which wasn't a bad thing, it just had Luke questioning all his life decisions. He didn't like just rushing straight into oral and fucking, he liked taking his time. He wasn't someone who just liked to fuck. He liked to make love.

By the time Zain pulled away, they were in quite the compromising position, breathing heavy. "Are you sure?", Zain asked softly.

With Zain's arms on either side of his head, the familiar weight atop him, Luke had never felt more safe. "I'm positive", Luke reassured.

Luke had missed the way Zain was with him. After another lingering kiss, he trailed his lips along Luke's jaw, down his neck where he took his time biting and suckling and leaving aa much evidence of their love as he possibly could. He'd done the same to Luke's chest, his stomach, his thighs - even pressing gentle kisses to his fingertips. Zain really made Luke feel special.

And his tongue... that wicked, wicked tongue that had Luke seeing stars. And this was just the prep. God, was he that deprived?

Zain was good at distracting Luke, kissing him while he slowly entered him to distract Luke from the stretch that was both familiar and unfamiliar. Zain's length had always been long and thick, and a perfect length for Luke. He was reminded of that fact when the man paused in order to give him time to adjust. Even now, feeling every thick vein and ridge was enough to make Luke completely lose himself.

And he had missed this. He had missed Zain and making love until sun rise.

DECEMBER 5/22, 2021
So, I know it seems like Zain and Luke are moving a bit fast, but I like to finish my books around 20+ chapters, so I had to get them into gear, and more time than it seems like has passed. (Obviously, for Zain to have the ability to fuck after a heart attack, significant time has passed lol.)

Anyway, as you will see in the next chapter, they aren't officially back together yet ( this is just the catalyst of that decision) and these two have a lot more to go through over the course of their relationship.