x.

WE BELONG TOGETHER,CHAPTER TEN

WE BELONG TOGETHER,
CHAPTER TEN

ZAIN WAS ELATED. He was used to waking up next to someone, but when it was Luke, everything felt so much better. Waking up with the blonde boy in his arms felt like heaven. This was Zain's happy ending. If he died right then and there, he would be happy. He couldn't help but to gaze at Luke while he slept. He looked so peaceful and content. Zain always thought that Luke looked angelic when he slept. Maybe it was the long lashes brushing his high cheekbones.

Luke eventually began to stir awake. His eyes slowly fluttered open, a bit darker than usual and still hooded. "Good morning", Zain greeted, his voice a bit raspy from lack of sleep.

Luke, however, grinned teasingly. "Were you watching me sleep?" He could feel Zain's fingers running through his tangled curls. He was always doing that before.

"Maybe", Zain grinned in return. "Not to sound like Edward Cullen, but I like watching you sleep in the early parts of the morning. You always look so... I don't know, at ease? Beautiful."

Luke's cheeks flushed immediately, and he quickly turned away. "Thanks for the compliment", he murmured. He never really took it well when Zain called him beautiful or pretty. Not because he didn't think boys could be those things, of course, but because Luke was awful at accepting compliments. He never really knew how to react. "You know I suck at taking them."

"Doesn't mean I won't give them", Zain shrugged dismissively. "You deserve to hear them all the time."

Austin never really gave Luke compliment like this in the mornings. In fact, he was usually gone by now. They rarely woke up together. Austin's career was important to him. He wanted to work all the time. Zain's career was important to him too, but he made time for the things that were important to him. Luke was number one on that list. He'd stay there with him all day if he asked.

After all, he'd never stopped loving him.

"Simp", Luke stated. The word caused Zain to swat him.

"I would make you take it back, but I'm still barely awake", he admitted through a yawn. "But I have a question before I get up to start breakfast."

"Hit me with it", Luke hummed. He propped himself up on his elbow as he did so. He had forgotten how much he liked looking at Zain. Especially in the mornings. The tanned man was stunning, especially when the warm sunshine streamed in through the window and illuminated his skin. He was at his most vulnerable in the mornings. Perhaps that was why Luke admired him so much then. Not to mention the way his chocolate colored eyes were practically amber colored when the light hit them, like warm honey in sunlight.

"It's only been a month since you broke up with Austin." And they'd rarely spoken in that time. Luke would reach out to Zain to see how he was doing though. They'd have pleasant conversation, but that would be it. "And then, last night... I guess I just wanna know where we stand."