vii.

WE BELONG TOGETHER,CHAPTER SEVEN

WE BELONG TOGETHER,
CHAPTER SEVEN

"AUST, I'M HOME!", Luke shouted into their large apartment. It was honestly much bigger than they could ever possibly need, a penthouse loft, but Austin was clearly one of those types of people who liked to brag and boast about their wealth. He showed it in every aspect of their lives, from his clothes to his car to their elaborately decorated apartment.

Luke was briefly reminded that it was never like this with Zain. They lived in a small one bedroom apartment that was warm and cozy and felt like a home. The exact opposite of this. But that was all in the past. Luke would get used to this soon enough if he hadn't already.

"What did you wanna talk about?", he added as he took off his jacket, hanging up his coat. Austin had texted him earlier simply saying that they needed to talk, which admittedly scared the fuck out of Luke because the last time he got that kind of call his entire relationship was ripped to shreds right before his eyes with him still clutching the tattered remains as the chaos bled into his every day life and upset his entire being.

"Hi, baby", Austin greeted as he stepped out of their bedroom, gently pressing a kiss to Luke's cheek. "Sit down, please", he urged, guiding Luke to the couch.

Luke furrowed his brows, chuckling nervously, as he sat down. "You're kind of scaring me", he said, smiling slightly, nervously. Was Austin wanting to call off their engagement now? Luke was ashamed to admit that he didn't think that would be so bad. In fact, he was almost for that. But in a way, he felt bad. He liked being with Austin, but he didn't want to marry him yet.

"It's not too serious, I promise", Austin reassured. Clearly, he and Luke had two different definitions of the words 'not too serious', because what he was about to say was about to completely shatter Luke, his trust, and their relationship. "I just need to tell you something now. It's been on my mind ever since you finally accepted the proposal, because I don't want us to get married with this secret between us."

"...Okay?", Luke said slowly, the word sounding more like a question. "You know you can tell me anything."

"To put it simply, I fucked up", Austin sighed, which worried Luke even more. "Do you remember the day we first met? And I told you about Zain and those girls, and how a few weeks later people were saying that he may have been sleeping with one of them the entire time you were together?"

"Yeah, of course I remember all of that", Luke nodded. How could he forget? Those words, and those pictures, had shattered what remained of his heart completely forever. There was no going back after that. It was the final nail in the coffin.

"Luke, I... I lied to you. About all of it."

Luke pulled his hands out of Austin's immediately. "You what?"

"Those girls are some of Zain's cousins, they were just visiting him because Finnic told them he wasn't doing okay after the breakup. He wasn't sleeping with any of them ever, let alone cheating on you with them", Austin explained. "I made it all up so that you wouldn't go back to Zain, because Finnic and I were good friends and I knew that he was thinking of asking you back. I just wanted a chance with you."

"You— you lied to me?", Luke stammered out as he stood up. "You manipulated me into— Jesus fücking Christ, Austin, what kind of a messed up person are you?"

"I'm not messed up", Austin frowned. "I'm telling you now because I care about you and I want our relationship to last. We can get past this."

"No, we can't", Luke said quietly. "I need to— I need some air. I need to breathe. I need to think. I— I'll see you around or something, Austin. I'm gonna—"

Austin followed Luke into their bedroom, seemingly upset. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to stay at Daisy's for a while", Luke said, tossing clothes into his bag. "Don't wait for me. In fact, don't even try and contact me." And Luke left, shutting the door on their relationship.

OCTOBER 12, 2020
I forgot to mention that I don't own the
manips in the last chapter. But anyway,
Luke is so cute I love him.

 But anyway,Luke is so cute I love him