Chapter 2

The next morning I was awoken by Kate, and it was early. It was a Saturday at 7 and I looked at her confused. Her hair was in a messy bun and she was wearing black leggings, a black sports bra, and some sneakers.

"Quinn, we are going to the gym!!" She said and I looked at her like she was crazy.

"It is 7 am on a Saturday," I said, groaning into my pillow.

"Dante is bringing me to learn how to box, you should come. It will be fun. You know a thing people do to enjoy life?" She said jokingly to me. I pushed her and I groaned.

"Fine, just give me a minute to get changed," I said and she smacked my butt as she left my room.

"You get five minutes!" She said, and I rolled my eyes.

I went into my bathroom and I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I then went into my closet and I put on black leggings and a black sweatshirt. I put on some white sneakers and a headband to keep the hair out of my face. I grabbed my headphones and a water bottle.

"You ready?" Dante asked us. He was in a long sleeve compression t-shirt and some shorts. Kate had thrown on a white sweatshirt, and she threw protein bars at Dante and me, which Dante caught and mine fell to the floor. We walked outside and it was freezing out and I felt my half-asleep body start to shiver.

We pulled up to a gym that seemed run down and I was surprised this was where Dante worked out. We walked inside and it was dead inside, which was no surprise seeing as it was a Saturday morning.

 In the middle of the gym, there was an older version of a ring that looked well used. On the right side of it which was next to the office, there were big punching bags of different weights and little ones to practice agility. On the left, there were two treadmills, a ton of weights, and some jump ropes hanging. There were also two doors which I assumed were locker rooms.

"I knew I would see you today," I heard Uncle Coop walkout from an office and Dante smiled at him.

"You can't keep me away, old man. This is my girlfriend Kate, and her friend Quinn," he said and we both shook his hands and he gave us a warm smile.

"Welcome to where the magic happens! Feel free to use whatever, I am stepping out for a few hours," He said, handing the keys to Dante who thanked him.

Dante dragged Kate over to the punching bags and I smiled and rolled my eyes as he seductively wrapped her hands for her. I walked over to the treadmills figuring some cardio couldn't hurt. I plugged in my music and I started to run.

I had run track in high school but had quit once going to college. I wasn't too fast but I enjoyed the endorphins running gave me. I tried to run twice a week when I wasn't busy.

I graduated college last year with a degree in English Literature. I ended up getting a freelance job editing books and I absolutely loved it. I got to work from home, which was really nice because I enjoyed staying in my pajamas all day, and being able to choose my own hours.

After running for about a mile I heard the heavy front door open. I looked in the giant mirror in front of me and I noticed Titus from last night walking in. He had a bruise on his eye and he was in a black sweatshirt and blue shorts.

I noticed next to him was a little boy who seemed to be about 4 or 5. He was bundled up in a black jacket and green hat and was looking down at a toy car he was playing with. The boy looked like Titus but could easily be his little brother or maybe nephew. I watched as they walked into the office and out walked Titus a few moments later alone and in a sleeveless shirt.