Chapter 3

The next few weeks had gone by in a blur. I had been picking up more books to edit just to make some extra cash to prepare for the holidays now that it was November. Kate and Dante spent every moment together and she was rarely around. They had dragged me to the gym a few times a week with them but I never ran into Titus or little Mason again.

Finally, Dante told us he has another fight to bring us to. I at first didn't want to go but knowing that I would be potentially seeing Titus was enough to get me dressed in the jeans, white tank top, and red flannel Kate had handed me. I threw on a coat and we were off, butterflies jumping in my stomach.

As we walked down the stairs I could feel the adrenaline rushing as we entered the stadium with everyone screaming in excitement. We took our seats and this time they were in the middle of the row and as close as you could get. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to fight week!!!! Our challenger today comes all the way from Australia. At 6'3 and weighing 209 lbs please welcome Jaxon Ridley," The announcer said and there were a few boos but overall people liked this man. He walked out and he seemed sure of himself. He had tan skin and bleach blonde hair and brown eyes.

"And for our champion standing at 6'5 and weighing 200lbs please welcome Titus King," He said and out walked Titus. His hands were wrapped in black tape and he had on black shorts. Behind him, I noticed Uncle Coop who was holding Mason's hand. Mason was wearing a shirt that said King in black on the back. Mason's eyes widened as he saw me.

"Quinn!!!!!" He ran over, climbing into my arms for a hug. Coop chased after him and he looked at me.

"His seat is next to you, do you mind watching him?" Coop said quickly and I nodded my head and I smiled at him. Mason sat next to me and he was so tiny in the seat.

"Go Daddy!!!!!" He said as the match started. I could see Titus calculating his appointment as Jaxon did the same. Jaxon was jumping slightly as if trying to stay pumped and Titus was as still as possible. They were at a stalemate.

Titus finally made the first move punching Jaxon, who retaliated by punching Titus in the eye. Titus then used this moment to uppercut Jaxon and down he went KOed right away. The crowd went wild, as this was the fastest match they had seen.

Mason crawled into my lap and stood up cheering for his father's victory! He hugged me in excitement and I watched as Titus was declared the winner and Titus walked past us, sending a small wave to Mason before walking towards the back.

"Stay with me," I told Mason who was itching to see his father and he nodded his head, watching the crowd start to move.

"I have to stay with him," I told Kate who smiled at Mason and nodded her head.

"We can wait," she said before Dante grabbed her hand and pulled her to his uncle.

"That was so fast!" Mason said to me, sitting back in my lap after all the excitement.

"I know, it was a powerful punch huh?" I said and he smiled.

"I want to go see Dad," Mason said, standing up pulling me with him.

"Coop said to wait," I said to him, but Mason was so excited he didn't hear me. I held onto his hand tightly as he pushed through the crowd. I was honestly afraid of losing him. I felt him fall down and I quickly looked down and someone had knocked him in the head with something.

I picked him up quickly, afraid he would be unseen and trampled. I looked at his face and he had a small bump with a little cut on his forehead.

"Are you okay?" I asked him and he nodded.