Chapter 16

The police came within minutes and they asked us what happened. We answered all of their questions and they said after taking him to the hospital they would be arresting Jason. They forced Ryan and me to go to the hospital and Titus stayed with Megan's body instead of going with me. I didn't want this to hurt my feelings but it really did as Ryan and I were loading into the ambulance.

"He is just in shock, give him some time to process," Ryan said to me as we drove and I nodded my head at him.

Once we both got to the hospital we were separated in different rooms. I was given ice for my cheek and they said nothing was broken. They also decided to do just a blood test because it was too early to do an ultrasound.

I sat there alone for an hour waiting to hear if my baby was alive or not. I waited for Titus to walk through the door and hold my hand but he never came. The doctor came back and said that I was still pregnant and not to worry unless there was severe cramping or bleeding. He also said I could leave.

The issue was I didn't have my phone or a car, and I had expected Titus to be here by now and he wasn't. I ended up finding Ryan and I sat with him while he got his nose reset and some stitches near his eyes. Once the doctor left the room I allowed some tears to fall.

I know I wasn't being fair, and I know I was being selfish. But I needed Titus. I had always been there for when he needed me and the one time I needed him and he wasn't here.

"Quinn," Ryan said as he saw me crying. He opened up his arms and I pulled myself into them and let the waterworks go. I cried thinking about being alone in the hospital, and the fact that I was almost sexually assaulted, and that Mason's mother was dead.

"Isn't this cozy," I heard from the doorway and Titus was there with a tight look on his face. His jaw was tight and I could tell he had been crying because of the red in his eyes. Ryan let go of me and I looked at him confused. Titus walked away and I chased after him.

"Where are you going," I said to him, as I chased him out into the snow.

"I am leaving you and Ryan together, you seemed comfortable," Titus said with a pissed look on his face as he looked at me.

"He was hugging me because I was sad, you know because I had to sit in a hospital room for an hour by myself," I said to him, equally as pissed at Titus. Titus did a humorless laugh and he turned his back on me for a second. He then turned back around and looked at me.

"I am sorry I am grieving the mother of my child and I didn't give you enough attention for an hour," Titus said viciously to me and I looked at him shocked.

"Well grieve another one because I want nothing to do with you right now," I screamed at him and he looked like I had slapped him. I could see guilt in his eyes but I knew he was too proud to apologize to me.

"Fine," He said, before sticking his hands in his pockets and walking away.

"Fine," I whispered to his retreating back wishing I could take every single word back I had just said. I turned back to the entrance and Ryan was standing there frowning at us. I turned to him trying to wipe the neverending stream of tears.

"I called Kate to come and grab you," he said, pulling me in for a side hug.

"Are you coming with us?" I asked him and he nodded his head.

"I got my own ride," He said, winking at me before running over and stopping Titus before he could leave the parking lot. Titus yelled at him and Ryan laughed hopping into the passenger door and they sped off. I noticed right away Kate pulled in and I walked over to her car.