18│The Final Test

Unlike Luciano had instructed, I absolutely did look at the prices.

$1,200

$900

$2,600

Nothing that I had seen was under $500, and for good reason too. Designer names and labels were in almost every section, Swarovski crystals and gems that shimmered even in the photos. They were very specific types of dresses; short, tons of cleavage and lots of open skin. Then again, most of these missions were going to be held in clubs, private parties and casinos. But, I did make sure to add a few more modest-looking ones in case a situation would arise in which I needed the more formal look.

I had fifteen dresses lying in my cart, albeit, begrudgingly. I didn't want to be wasting all of this money. So I pressed my fingers to my lips. They had bought all those closes and my phone and all the rest of it when I arrived, and apparently, that didn't even make a dent. Unless they were lying, what was this going to do? I changed tabs, moving onto the second site. There were no dresses here, meaning unless something came through for the third and final link, I would have to go back to searching. Maybe just to be a pain, I would order 30 dresses, 50 dresses, 100 dresses. However, taking the time to go through and piss off Luciano would also mean more time wasted here on these frivolous websites.

Just to be sure, I went back and added in another ten dresses from the ones I had listed as 'maybe'. Each one that I did, the guilt bubbles up inside of me.

Total - $34,689

I don't think I had ever made an order that big, and I certainly never have had the funds to pay for it, and this didn't even meet the minimum of what I needed to get. I scoffed as I remembered Luciano's rejection not even an hour ago. Suddenly, any guilt that I had was thrown out the window.

The next site was all shoes and jewellery, not a dress anywhere. I wasn't given any instructions for this, so I suppose it's whatever I said that goes. I thought back to not only my style but the type of dresses that I had in my cart. High-inch stilettos, heels that had cords wrapping up half my leg, tiny thin rings for my pinky and massive stones for the others. Earrings that fell down to my collarbone and some that would catch up and look around my ear and connect into the small piercing that has half-closed up in the top of my ear. Bracelets, anklets, silver bands for my bicep that turned into coils as it would touch my skin.

Total - $8,734

I was racking up the totals. But fuck, I didn't care.

Came with the job.

The final site made me glad that I was in here alone.

Lingerie. If I could even call it that.

Small, skimpy pieces of lace that almost definitely would cover anything. But coming along with that, also wouldn't show in any of the dresses.

I put in everything, strapless, backless, covers and then about 20 sets.

I liked my options.

Total - $2,400

I raised a brow, smaller than the rest, but it all had an impact.

If the old me, the Ida who was barely sleeping from back-to-back shifts could see this, chanced are I never would have been kidnapped since she would have been banging at their door for a job. I whipped out Luciano's card and typed in the numbers, thankfully, as soon as I did that the address and all the other things automatically filled. All that meant was that someone from this card had made purchases before, but I tried not to think about that.

Finally, I pressed confirm, suddenly making Luciano $45, 832 poorer. For some reason, I felt glad. Suddenly, beside me, my phone started to ring. Luciano's name flashed up on the screen and I smirked as I held it to my ear,