26│Party Pooper

It didn't really matter whether or not I thought Paolo to be attractive, because, after about fifteen minutes, I could barely see him at all.

I really shouldn't have accepted all those drinks.

While my ability to hold my drinks had improved slightly over the past few months, I certainly wasn't able to have as many drinks as I had and still be properly functioning the next morning. I hadn't gotten this drunk since... well, since the get together that was held to celebrate Michelle, my predecessor, after her passing.

My skin was pressed against Paolos, my arms pulled around his neck as I let our bodies move together. Whether he realised it or not, I had complete control over what we were doing. I couldn't think of much, but I did know that Paolo was decently attractive and was here dancing with me. I also definitely knew that walking away would be as easy as breathing. To regain my control over myself that the blasting music has do rudely snatched from me and simply walk away.

Who knows where I would end up after I managed to do that though, so I stayed put.

I was starting to get antsy. Sure the dancing was nice but it really wasn't doing too much for me. I couldn't help but think, what if it was Luciano? What if Luciano was the one pressed against me or the one that had been kissing me all night? My body tightened at the thought. I pictured Paolo's arms that were wrapped around my waist darker and covered with tattoos. I imagined myself smaller on the body since Luciano was much taller than Paolo could ever hope to be. I thought back to Luciano's hands on my body, his hands everywhere on my body, his voice a low murmur as he tugged on my ear.

I swallowed a small moan. Suddenly, this was a whole lot more enjoyable.

I blinked, no. I'm not thinking of Luciano, fuck that.

My nostrils flickered, the sickening stench of weed suddenly fluttering around me. I leaned my head back to see Paolo inhaling a massive breath of the joint.

He blew out the smoke, gesturing towards me with the smoke, "You want some?"

I scrunched up my face, "Ah, no thank you. Not my thing, and I'm drunk enough that I don't need it."

He shrugged, "All good,"

Since Paolo didn't stop dancing, neither did I, though it wasn't difficult to admit that the moment had been ruined. Regardless, I grabbed a drink from the hand of a passer-by and guzzled it quickly, if only to distract me from the overwhelming smell.

I had gotten used to the drugs. Stuff like weed was no adjustment, working in a club I saw it all the time. But the smell? Yeah, that would take me a bit. I couldn't provide a reason, but the stench just got to me and I never could get over it.

Surprisingly, drugs weren't very high on Luciano, Alexei and Solomon's minds, which i suppose I had that to be thankful for. I knew that they had done some hardcore stuff in the past and on occasion, but never really anymore.

I wanted to slap my hand against my forehead, stop thinking about him!

I leaned my head back against Paolo's chest again, looking up to face him. All I wanted to do was have some fun, and it seemed like Paolo was the person who was going to be providing it. I batted my lashes, "Hey, what do you say we get out of here? Maybe go upstairs, find a private room, something like that."

He raised his eyebrow slightly, taking another long draw of the joint in his hand, "I thought you would never ask."

I grabbed onto his hand and led him forwards. I definitely didn't want to leave this house, no way. I had been kidnapped once before, and I think my luck of those turning out well had already been used up. I certainly wasn't looking for a repeat.