Chapter 2

Chapter 2 𝑬𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒖𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅

Chapter 2
𝑬𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒖𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅

The moment I crossed the threshold of that office door those weird feelings that were lurking around when I was just about to meet the big shot somehow multiplied by a thousand times

His presence was just so commanding, so assertive that it made the heart of this mere student race. I was getting overly conscious and nervous the entire time I entered and walked towards the swivel chair to take my seat. There was something so different about his demeanour that it made me feel so small even though all I was doing was following through with the process and instructions. He was sitting there, on his office chair like some king resting upon his throne. I could definitely feel his gaze burning holes in my face. I couldn't bring myself to look up and meet his eyes.

Even though for some reason I wanted to. No matter how much anxious he made me, something in me wanted to meet his eyes, sit there in his presence and ogle at him for the rest of the eternity.

I was weirded out at the effect his good looks and dominating personality had on me.

No, be professional for fucks sake would ya?

" Good evening sir, may I take a seat? " I asked him in the most courteous manner, my eyes subconsciously moving upwards to face him as I speak.

He was already looking me up and down as if ...checking me out? But as I was speaking his eyes came up to hold my gaze but then after a second dropped down to my lips.

It was fine until then but then he licked his lips and relaxed back on his chair and extended his hand for a handshake. Wow, that was new. That's the last thing I expected coming from a top-tier official like him. But seeing his waiting hand made my stomach churn. I was more than eager for grabbing his hand. I put my hand in his and mother of sweet Jesus the electrifying sensation I got from that mere handshake. I stopped breathing for two seconds. I looked up at him with somewhat wide eyes and saw him smirk, his eyes were glowing in a way I couldn't explain. He looked down twisting our hands so that you could see his giant fingers enclosing almost all of the back of my hand. You couldn't even tell my hand was in his like this. He eyed the bracelet that I was wearing, lifted his eyebrow, and then he withdrew his hand " take a seat " he said, and then raked a hand through his hair disheveling them in the process.