Hunt

Thea's POV

After Ezra and I stargazed for a while longer we decided that it was time to leave. I wanted to stay, but he was being a big baby about it and saying that he was going to get eaten by mosquitos or something.

"I can not believe that you would not just sleep there." I say to him as we come to a red light.

"Hey mosquitoes are fucking vicious." he says to me defensively.

I shake my head at him and roll down the window. I stick my head out the window a little bit and feel the cool breeze on my face. Even if L.A doesn't get winter you can still feel the weather change a little bit.

I feel Ezra's hand intertwined with mine, and I close my eyes letting myself take in the little moments.

I open my eyes and look in the rearview mirror. I see lights that I realize have been following us for a while.

I look over at the clock and it reads 2:30 a.m. Why are people out this late, and we aren't on a busy road either.

"Ezra, I think someone may be following us." I say to him, and he looks in the mirror checking his surroundings. We go past an ally and another car tags along to the back of us.

"Fuck, alright I'll get us out. Hold on." Ezra starts to speed up more, giving the men a signal from behind us that we caught on. They start speeding up as well. I look in the rear view mirror again and a man hangs out of the car window. I see that he has an object in his hand, and I am only guessing that it's a gun. "They are armed Ezra. we can't drive them to the base, the others will be in danger. We have to go somewhere else." I say to Ezra as I unbuckle. "I know, I'm going to call the phone back on the base for some help so that they can lead us to a safe house." Ezra says as he starts to call them.

My gunshot went off and my sideview mirror was shot off. Riven answers the phone. "Riven, listen we are being chased right now, and I don't know where we are. Could you track the car I am in and help me out. We also need someone to direct us to a safe house. We can't lead these guys back to the base, it is too risky." Ezra says to Riven.

I climb back to the front seat with a couple fire arms with me now. Another shot goes off and shatters the window.

I open the sunroof and shoot at both of the cars. "Keep going Ezra. They are getting distracted by the shooting." I yell back to him. I shoot one of the guy's tired which makes him lose balance in the car.

I go back down into the passenger seat to reload. "Okay guys you are in Grayson Parson's territory. Those must be his men coming after you." Riven said over the phone. "I think we have another lead on who has been messing with us now. Things have been quiet ever since the black death ball, and today someone stole another shipment and now this is happening. It's either only Grayson or he has to be working with other people." Alex enters the conversation.

I stick my head out the window and fire another round of shots. "Thea grab my hand now" Ezra shouts out to me. I grab his hand as I am still shooting out the window. I feel us take a hard turn, and I realized that if I wasn't holding Ezra's hand I would have flown right out the window.

I shoot one last time and I finally knocked out one of the guy's tires to completely make him topple over. "Okay so what does that mean?" Ezra asked the guys. "Well since they are still on you that means that you have to make an escape, and then I will lead you to the safe house from there." Riven says over the intercom.

A shot is fired and one of our tires is blown. Fuck.

"Well can you hurry up and tell us what to do?" I yell from outside the sun roof. I break the guy's front window making it easy for me to have a clear shot. I have a good shot, but then my leg is pulled down. "Ezra what the fuck." I say to him confused as to why he just messed me up. "Listen, in the front console of the firearm bag there should be a grenade. You need to throw it at the car behind you and then you both need to jump off the bridge into the water below." Riven said. "Why can't we just drive off after, why do we have to go off the bridge." I ask him. "Because the car has already been tagged, and even if you kill the guy behind you the rest of them can still follow you. It's not the best plan I have, but it will work for the situation we are in now. Okay you guys are coming to the bridge Thea get ready to throw it." Riven says to me.

I go out of the sunroof and get ready to throw it. "Now Thea!" Riven called out to me. I threw the grenade and left the guy in flames. With the explosion and the car coming at us our car crashed and ended up throwing Ezra and I off of the bridge. It worked just as planned.

My body hit the cold water, but the water was smooth and wasn't hard and rough. I was underwater for a little bit enjoying it and then I came back to the surface.

"Thea!" I heard Ezra shout from somewhere. "Over here" I shouted trying to signal that I was alive. I spotted him behind me. He swam over to me and smiled. "Well that was fun." He said while kissing me.

"Okay you guys, the base is about 3 miles from here, and you guys are still on the edge of Grayson's territory. You have to be careful. I know for a fact that Grayson has some of his smaller bases in the woods." Riven said through the earpieces that we put in before we hit the water.

"Okay Riven thank you. Could you maybe do a search on why Grayson was after us. Maybe find out who he is working with too." I said, "Yeah Alex and I will be working on it. Just get to the base safely and we will talk more later. The directions are in your ear piece." Riven said.

We get onto the shore and make our walk to the base. "I understand that Grayson hates us, but it was almost like he was out to kill us. Grayson was always powerful, but his men never were trained for that sort of chase that we just had. Someone else is working with him I think." I say to Ezra as we walk through the path.

"I think someone has been trying to take us down for a while and things are finally getting started." Ezra said to me as we walked up the hill.

"Do you have any ideas?" I asked him. "I didn't want to worry anybody, but Riven and I have been doing some private stuff and I think that Tiffin Savvo has resurfaced." He said to me, "That can't be, I thought he was dead." I asked him. "It was never confirmed, Xavier never brought back his head so that means he never killed him. Xavier has been on the hunt for him ever since my mom died, but when he started to get serious with Anastasia he gave up. I didn't want to tell him again and risk him getting back on his psycho killer mode." Ezra said to me.

We walk a couple more steps and we are met with a marker that shows that a Valerio base is seven steps from it. 

We spot the hideout and go inside. Our safe house is designed so that it looks normal on the outside, but when you go down the steps that is where the real living takes place. The place is fully protected, so if we were ever hit with a bomb it wouldn't even harm us since we would be underground with high tech shields all around us. Ezra and I walk down the steps and are met with all of the computers and gadgets that we need.

I power up one of the computers and get to work. I am not sure what is happening with our buisness but I don't like it at all. Uncertainty is never a thing you want when you have such a high status to take care of. 

Why is Grayson all of the sudden coming after us, and is he working with someone more powerful than him?

Is the guy more powerful than us?

****

Hi guys thank you for reading another chapter. I am done with school, so hopefully I will be updating more often. Hope you all are doing okay <3

xox(not edited)