Alps

For those who seek to spend their holidays in the French Riviera enveloped by the cold winter weather, the French Alps is the place to be. People around the globe travel to France or other countries near the Alps to enjoy the slopes while snowboarding or skiing. A lot of people opt to spend their holidays in the Alps which means that early reservations are important if one wishes to celebrate the holiday festivities there. So, at that moment the chairwoman wishes to kiss and hug whoever is responsible for arranging their ski trip because it has been a long time since she got to visit the Alps.

Standing by the window of her bedroom in the chalet that they are staying at, Ye Jin took in the breathtaking sight in front of her. Everything in her line of sight is covered with blankets of soft, white snow. The peace and tranquility of her surroundings were a complete contrast to the raging storm of her emotions threatening to drown her and leave her senseless.

It has only been day two of their stay in Côte d'Azur, but, oh boy was she caught up in a tango with her old flame. Their undeniable chemistry is still there and the sweet moments that they shared yesterday were a little too overwhelming for her heart. It all started with the coffee and the food and the letters and now she doesn't know how to come to terms with her emotions.

Lost in her thoughts, she did not know that her 6-foot tall former beau had entered her room after knocking a few times on the mahogany door. He walked into the room with a bag hanging on his shoulder, a tray with two porcelain mugs on his left hand, and a suitcase on his right. He placed the tray on top of the coffee table and the suitcase by the foot of the bed. Once he was finished, he went back to retrieve the hot chocolate-filled mugs before he approached the lovely lady by the window.

"Something to warm up your heart."

Before she could even drink the hot chocolate, the presence of her companion plus his soothing voice had already worked its magic, bringing in warmth through her system. They drank their hot drinks in silence not knowing what they should say.

As they emptied the cup, Ye Jin placed hers by the window sill before she turned to face the handsome bachelor who is standing by her side. Dressed in an all-black ensemble, the metallic chain hanging on one end of his perfect broad shoulders stood out. He looked so good.

"You know, I'm starting to think that my bag looks better on you than on me."

A burst of deep hearty laughter echoed inside the room and in her ears which she would consider as one of the most beautiful things that she won't ever get tired of hearing. When the bachelor recovered from his bout of laughter, he smiled at her with his dimples on full display.

"Should I buy one of these too?" The bachelor cheekily replied which made the eyes of the beautiful woman in front of him form half-moon crescents while she laughed happily.

"Yes, buy some bags then give them to me, and then I'll share them with you." Her reply elicited a bout of laughter from the two of them which reverberated even outside the confines of the maple wood walls. The criminal lawyer and the film director were passing by Ye Jin's room on their way to the living room where everyone is starting to gather as they prepare to head to the skiing point.

The couple exchanged curious glances as they stopped in front of the door to the chairwoman's bedroom. Was Ye Jin having a conversation with someone or has she lost her mind? To satisfy their curiosity, Hyo Jin pressed her ear on the intricately carved wooden door to get a hint of the reason for the laughter that they heard outside the four corners of the bedroom despite its thick walls. Ha Neul followed suit and pressed his ear against the door as well and just as he had positioned himself, a deep masculine voice was heard, speaking in a soft tone that one would mistake for a lullaby. A few seconds later a feminine voice replied jovially. They cannot understand the context of the conversation but it was evident that the people inside the room were having a good time.