Decision

Ye Jin woke up with a terrible headache. She roamed her eyes to have sense of where she is at the moment and realized that she was on her room. She wanted to look back on the events that happened the day before but it only made her head throb. She slowly sat up and reached for the clock on her bedside table. Realizing that it was already 9 in the morning, she hurriedly stood up only to fall down on her knees because of her dizziness.

She heard a knock coming from the other side of the mahogany double doors. She tried her best to say the words 'Come in' as loud as she can though it came out a bit hoarse due to the dry feeling in her throat.

Four women came inside the room. Ma Yeong Ae, the head of the household staff, has thrown courtesy in the wind when she saw the owner of the estate on the floor near her bed with a hand massaging her temples. She assisted the chairwoman to stand up and carefully ushered her back to bed.

Four pairs of worried eyes stared at Ye Jin. They didn't know what was going on but they have an idea that something bad had happened judging by the six large bottles of alcohol scattered on the floor.

"What happened last night?"

The ahjummas exchanged glances before Myeong Sun, the ahjumma closest to Ye Jin, went to her bedside.

"The doctor brought you home last night. We helped you change into your night-gown. He told us to just let you rest. We were sure that you were asleep before we left but it looks like you had a few drinks all by yourself."

Memories from the night before slowly went back to Ye Jin's mind.

A cardiothoracic surgeon clad in navy scrubs was running towards the sliding glass doors on the office on the top floor of YSH London headquarters. He went through the doors and saw two women huddled on the sofa.

"What happened?"

The surgeon  asked hurriedly. He approached the head of legal and greeted her before looking at the owner of the building they're in.

"She won't talk to me after she received an invitation."

Kim Nam Gil looked at Ji Hye with curiosity. He knew that a lot of people invites Ye Jin to social gatherings because of her status so what was this event that made her pretty shaken.

The head of legal handed Nam Gil the piece of parchment before explaining.

"It's for a reunion. From her old friends in Seoul. They're planning on staying in Europe for I don't know how long. The invitation was sent by Bin to YSH Paris."

The invitation fell to the marble floor when the surgeon heard Ji Hye's words. Shock was painted all over his face. Color drained out of his face and for a second he looked like a patient waiting his turn to be wheeled into the operating room rather than the vigorous surgeon that he is.

Weakly, he walked towards the person who needed his comfort. He enveloped her in his arms and said nothing more. The chairwoman remained silent albeit to quiet for his liking.

Ye Jin fell asleep in his arms a few minutes after. The head of legal went to her best friend's desk and collected her belongings before asking Nam Gil to take Ye Jin home.