Chapter 2: Panic, Understanding, Gratitude

(Ezzy POV)

We walked into the dinning room where Ziva, Amos, and Marcus sat in shock. Beth and I shared a look before taking our usual seats.

"So..." I began. But ziva cut me off by sliding the paper to me. My eyes drifted over it and steadily widened. All of this things this kid went through, the continuous beatings, burnings. All of the potions and charms that were on him.

"This poor boy" I heard Beth say. She was reading over my shoulder.

"What we need to do now is start building a case against these people and send them to jail. I can pull the pictures of his body from my mind and transfer them to paper for evidence. When he wakes we can probably get more from him too... but we cannot rely on that. One of us need to be in that room at all times in case he wakes up" I gave out directions and let Ziva take over.

"When he wakes his body will still be going through the inheritance, his magic pushed him into it yes, but he didn't have enough to complete it. He won't have his sight, or his hearing, he will not know what he looks like, so he won't know if his tail or ears. If he wakes on your watch, create vibrations around him on his bed then take one of his hands and spell out answers for him. Do not force it. He may be able to see shadows but other than that he is without 2 of his senses. His is also heavily abused and we don't know how far the mental damage has taken hold, be gentle. Lastly, there is a possibility he is meant to be in this family. Our child, adopted or not. Learn about him, get to know him, we will reconvene on that subject 2 or 3 weeks after he wakes" Ziva said effectively.

"Now who wants the first watch?" I asked

"I'll take it" I heard Amos say. We all nodded in agreement and smiled.

"Alright, I'll relieve you in a few hours"Marcus said making me nodd.

"Everyone else, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow, let's get some sleep" we have in our specific wing off of the kitchen 6 bedrooms, 4 individual rooms for each of us in case we need some alone time and 2 rooms with a massive bed and an apartment style room for when we all sleep together and do... other things. The med wing is connected to the kitchen. And there are 3 other living quarter wings with 6 rooms in each. We plan on having an incredibly big brood. All of our species live exceptionally long lives nearly immortal. We decided it was one of those nights where we would need each other and all piled into one of the big rooms.

(2 weeks past and the kitsune still hadn't woken up yet. Still we watched and waited for him, waiting for a sign, a twitch, groan, or any sort of moment. Then when Amos was on watch toward the end of the 14th day something happened)

(Amos POV)

I sat beside the little one with a book in my hands passing the time reading. My eyes were pulled from my book when I saw a movement in my peripherals. My eyes widened as I saw him shift and groan.

He lifted his hand to his forehead and then to chest. His breathing increased rapidly, I could see and hear the panic attack. His eyes opened revealing a pearly black color and his ears flicked around trying to hear. I slowly moved closer and placed my hand on the bed tapping it. His eyes follow my direction. He looked me up and down, so he sees shadows, okay. I raised my hands slowly showing him the universal surrender. He started calming.

"Wh-what happened to me? Where am I?" He asked "why can't I hear? Why can I see!?" He was starting to panic and his hands raised to his face. I carefully placed my hand on top of his. He flinched but allowed the touch. I turned over his hand, so his palm was facing up. It took some effort, but I spelled out the words so they were facing him. He read them back to me.