i'm going to make this weird

The airport was quiet for this time of day. Well...I guess when it's 5 in the morning no one's really at the airport. Josie's head was snoring softly on my shoulder as we waited for our flight to board. There was an awkward tension in the air, Hope and Lizzie weren't talking and after our argument in the woods we were barely on talking terms either.

Lizzie was curled up into a ball on the seat to my left, sleeping. But Hope was wide awake with her eyebrows furrowed, "Are you excited to spend time with your family?" I asked, taking her by surprise.

"Oh uh yeah. I've missed them a lot," she said, shortly.

"They seemed like awesome people in the small amount of time I talked to them. I can see why they're so important to you," I told her and she gave a tight-lipped smile, "What do you think is going on?"

She shrugged, "I'm not sure. Hopefully, nothing too serious. We got rid of Malivore so hopefully that annoying thing is gone. But that could also mean something else serious which will be tough. The boys won't be happy about that," she said, letting out an empty laugh.

I laughed along with her, "Yeah, they were already disappointed when we told them we had to leave. They want to form a volleyball team and I'm so concerned that they think we'll be good," I confessed and she actually laughed.

Hope Mikaelson, the girl who loves me yet, probably hates me right now. The girl who wants nothing to do with me right now, laughed at something that was barely funny. It's good to see her smile again and laugh with me.

I miss her. I miss us. Was there even an us? It lasted like a couple days. She cleared her throat and I noticed that I was staring at her for a little too long. Her light blue eyes slightly widened and I put on a genuine smile. In which she smiled back...again something that I haven't seen since we were remembered by everyone.

I'm about to say something again when the intercom goes off, "Flight 321 to New Orleans is now boarding,"

I looked at her and she gave a smile, "You should probably wake them up," she said, throwing her backpack over her shoulder.

"Yeah, you're probably right," I turn towards Josie, shaking her slightly, "Jo, love, we're boarding now,"

She wakes up with sleepy eyes, smiling at me. She leans forward and presses a small kiss to my lips. We both smile into it softly. I tilt my head up and kiss her forehead. She lets out a content sigh and rests her head onto my collarbone.

"Love we gotta get in line, Hope's waiting," I whispered to her. She lets out a sigh, finally starting to get up and heading towards Hope.

I turned towards Lizzie as I shook her arm, "Lizzie, we gotta board now," I told her and she let out a groan extending her arms out towards me.

"Carry me," she grumbled and I laughed softly, rolling my eyes.

"I'm not gonna carry you, we're in public," I told her and she let out another exasperated groan.

"Can't you see B, I'm emotionally unstable and physically exhausted. If you're not going to carry me, I will resort to crawling on the dirty floor and that's a new low. Even for me," she ranted, her eyes staring back at me.

I let out a small sigh and I threw my backpack over my shoulders. I scooped her up in my arms, carrying her bridal style, "You're lucky I love you kid," I gave the people who were sending stares a tight lipped smile as I went towards where Hope and Jo were. They both raised their eyebrows up at me and I just shook my head, "I don't want to hear it,"

Both of them chuckled softly and for that split second it didn't feel awkward. Everything was back to normal. But that quickly faded away as we waited in line longer. The awkward tension filled the air and I let out a sigh. Josie wasn't speaking to Hope, Lizzie and Hope weren't speaking, and Hope only speaks to me when she has to or I force her to. Life isn't supposed to be like this.