the story of us

"B, come on, it's been four days! You've got to get out of bed," Jed exclaimed.

I dug my face deeper into my tear stained pillow before groaning, "You have to get out of bed sometime. Luckily for you, Emma told Headmaster Bennett that you are just going to be getting tutoring from her to make up for classes your missing. As long as you're working on your project, with by the looks of WandaVision playing for the a thousandth time since I've been here I'm guess that's a no,"

"Who says I can't make WandaVision the musical!" I fire back, the pillow muffling my words.

"Unless you want to fail I suggest you don't," he expressed and I turned my head and faced my bedside table.

"How is she?" I whispered, not wanting to look at him. My eyes locked on the picture of me and Jo that Lizzie took one day.

It was a day that we were just hanging out with Lizzie. A small little picnic of just hanging out and having fun. Jo's head rested on my lap, looking up at me, squishing my cheeks together, as I was sitting up and looking at her.

"No one has really seen her since," he whispered, "Besides Lizzie of course, but I heard Lizzie's still talking to you. I don't know how you managed to do that,"

"I thought she was gonna kill me," I told him.

I put my fingers up as my face was buried in my pillows.

3

2

1...

"Bentley Rae Quinn! What the hell?!" she yelled, my door flying open.

Note to self: fix the door again, "Are you going to explain yourself or are you just gonna sit there looking guilty for breaking my sister's heart yet again?!"

"It was a mutual break up," I whispered.

"What?" Lizzie asked, her voice growing softer.

"I didn't- with everything that's been happening with Nate and Dani coming back. It's made me feel like my old self again, but I keep thinking what if there was never a new me?" I kept my voice soft as I shared my thoughts with her.

"I tried changing my ways for Jo. I became a hybrid and turned my humanity back on for you guys. I never did anything for myself. I guess I just realized that we're both still broken and maybe letting go, at least for right now, is the best bet. And she agreed," my voice cracking yet again.

Lizzie came over to my bed and wrapped her arms around me. I didn't cry though. I was more numb than anything else.

"You guys will find your way back to each other. If anyone's meant to be, it'll be you,"

"You need to at least get up and go to the music room or something!" Jed exclaimed, ripping the covers off of me, "You haven't picked up any of your guitars or wrote anything,"

"I just haven't felt the need to," I groaned as I threw on my usual pair of sweatpants and crewneck that I've been wearing for the past four days.

"Well, that's too bad because I'm going to kidnap you,"

He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I punched his back as softly as possible as my legs flailed in the air. Everything was upside down.

"You know, I'm stronger than you right?" I yelled at him.

"You know, that if you really wanted to hurt me, you would've by now," he fired back and I rolled my eyes internally before we came to an abrupt stop.