this is why i don't socialize

The ride back to the Mikaelson Compound was quiet. I could practically hear everyone's thoughts screaming right at them. Who was this mystery killer? Are they a threat to only New Orleans or all of us?

The sun was setting by the time we got back. All of us are ready for a nice shower and nap. But it seemed like Kol had something else in store. The Compound was bustling with people. There were flashing lights and loud music.

"Ladies, welcome back!" he shouted. His arm wrapped around Davina's waist, "We thought it would be nice to throw our niece here a welcome home party!"

Hope had a tightlipped smile, "This is the most epic party I've ever been to and I smell like I've been hanging out with Shrek in his swamp! Just my luck! Jo, come on, help me find something hot to wear!" Lizzie complained.

Jo grabbed me by the waist and pulled my lips onto hers. I could feel her tongue slide into my mouth. I grabbed her by the waist and pushed her away from me as gently as possible, "Woah, I love the kisses cutie, but not right now. We'll continue it later," I whispered to her.

I could feel the awkward stares of the rest of Hope's family, "Gross, c'mon Jo," Lizzie said, grabbing her hand and pulling her away before Josie could say anything to me.

I looked back at the rest of them and Hope spoke up first, "Drinks anyone?" she asked.

"I'll come with you," I pipe up.

She sends a tight lipped smile before nodding. We made our way to the drink table and as soon as we got there, Hope poured herself a shot of tequila and downed it. And another and another and then another.

"Woah hot shot, do you wanna slow down?" I asked jokingly.

"Nope not really," she snapped and I looked at her with wide eyes before nodding, "Also maybe you should let your girlfriend know to turn it down on the PDA"

There was a hint of jealousy in her voice and just as I'm about to respond the twins slide right next to us, or well me, "Good! I need some!" Lizzie exclaimed.

The party grows more and more crazy as the time goes by. Kol has the DJ play a bunch of old throwbacks and songs everyone can sing along to even if they pretend they don't like to. "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift came on and everyone in the quarter, boys and girls, young and old, started screaming the lyrics.

Jo took my hand as our hands matched into each other. Our fingers intertwined as we sang the lyrics to one another. I spin her around with a soft smile on my face. But in my peripheral vision I see Hope dancing, but trying her best not to stare. I could practically feel Hope's heart ache in her chest.

The song changed to some old club song that I'm not familiar with. Yet, my body still adjusted to the beat of the song and started dancing with Jo. She pulled me close and started dancing closer. Her hips moved into mine as she flowed with the beat.

Until she wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me in for a deep kiss. I was shocked at first. After several seconds it was only then that I was able to react. Josie then attached her lips onto my neck finding my sweet spot. I looked around the dance floor to see several people looking.

"Jo, hey, let's continue this later," I whisper to her, but she didn't listen, "Baby, there's people here. I really don't want to do this in front of the whole French Quarter,"

"Let them see, I'm proud to show off that you're mine," she said in between nibbles on my neck, "Plus isn't it fun to live on the wild side, letting everyone see?"

I pushed her away gently again, my hands placed softly on her waist, "Love, what's going on with you?"

The alcohol on her breath was evident and I knew she had a little too much, "Nothing's going on with me. Is it bad that I want to kiss my girlfriend in front of everyone?"