The First Glimpse

Author's POV:

" Hello! This is Ms. Aaliyah Inaya Zaman from Pakistan. I'm newly recruited as the HR here." Aaliyah smiled at the receptionist.

" Good morning mam! Yeah we got to know that and please go to the 6th floor and report to the MD please." The receptionist replied politely.

" Thank you." Aaliya smiled and took the elevator. Once the elevator stopped with a ding sound, Aaliyah took a deep breath trying to control herself.

She looked at the door where the Managing Director was written. She carefully knocked the door only to hear a come in.

Aaliyah opened the door and walked till the chair.

" Good morning sir! I'm Aaliyah Inaya Zaman. The new HR." Aaliyah said with a soft smile but her smile soon replaced with a shock seeing the person sitting infront of her.

" Good morning to you too Ms. Zaman. I'm......" Ihsan's voice was struck in his throat seeing the beauty infront of him.

" Ummmmm...... Sorry, I'm Ihsan Einas Owaisi." Ihsan completed looking away from her. An unusual feeling crept in his heart seeing her. It's like he was mesmerized seeing her at the first look itself.

" Please take a seat." Ihsan offered smiling. Aaliyah nodded her head coldly and sat infront of him. She forwarded her hiring letter to him and he nodded his head.

" Welcome aboard Ms. Zaman." Ihsan said and forwarded his hand for a shake hand. Aaliyah looked at his hand and finally shook it. It churned all her old memories making her feel disgusted. But exact opposite happened with Ihsan. He felt an instant like towards her.

" Please follow me. I'll introduce you to your colleagues." He said and lead the way.

" So guys, attention please....." Ihsan clapped his hands to gain their attention. Everyone turned to him to get a glimpse of this chocolate boy.

" This is Aaliyah Inaya Zaman. Your new HR from now." Ihsan said. Everyone cheered and heartily welcomed Aaliyah. Ihsan nodded at everyone are left to his cabin.

" Hello Aaliyah! I'm Rebecca." Came a girl's voice. Aaliyah looked at the girl and smiled at her greeting her back.

" Hi! I'm Amber Santos." Came an another girl from her team. Aaliyah smiled and nodded with a little bow. Slowly one by one introduced themselves making aquantice.

" Today. Everyone's lunch is on me." Aaliyah said making everyone hoot. Even though every employee comes under her, she made a small group of her new friends.

While Aaliyah is busy with her colleagues in the canteen, Ihsan is still thinking about Aaliyah. He had a feeling that he has seen her somewhere.

He went to the canteen to see her laughing with her new friends.

" Assalamualaikum!" Ihsaan greeted everyone taking his seat a bit away from their group.

" Walaikum Assalam!" Inaya greeted out of courtesy. Ihsan felt a little bit offended with her behaviour but still smiled and minded his own work.

Everyone ordered their lunch in the name of Aaliyah making Ihsan smile. He calmly had his lunch and made his way to his cabin.

It was a time pass for Aaliyah today as it's her first day. Her tomorrow's schedule was mailed to her making her halt in her tracks and turn back towards her laptop. She checked her mail and resumed cooking.

Her phone vibrated making her peek into it. A huge grin formed on her lips seeing the name on the screen.

" Assalamualaikum Abbu! Everything good?" She greeted her father in a very gente tone.

" Walekum assalam meri jaan! Idhar sab khairiyat. How is London?" Asked her father. ( Greetings to you too my child! Everything is good here.)

She chit-chated with him for few minutes before ending the call.

She had a very quiet dinner and walked to the balcony to feel the fresh air. A sudden wind passed by her taking to the old memory lane where there are only agony, humiliation and deep wounds. She sighed and controlled herself walking back to the living room.

On the other hand Ihsan looked into his laptop still negotiating about a mail whether to send it to the CEO or not. He closed his eyes and finally pressed the enter button exhaling the air harshly he is holding. He is scared that the CEO might be a little angry as the meeting today didn't go well as they thought.

He jumped on the bed in happiness getting an immediate mail as response. It has well done in it.

Soon he dozed off thinking about his next day meetings that are piled up on his head.

" Assalamualaikum!" Dua whispered as soon as Zain entered their room. He threw an angry glare and walked from there to the washroom leaving his white coat on the couch.

This is nothing new to Dua seeing that Zain is never interested in their marriage. She sighed and collected few papers and her laptop from the bed.

Once Zain came out, Dua served him and dinner and left from there silently. It hurts her a lot to see her husband not caring for her. It was definately not her fault that she is married to him. It's not her fault that he loves someone else.

Zain looked her to see her sleeping on the couch curling like a ball. He sighed and rubbed his face annoyingly seeing his beautiful and innocent wife who is trying to make some space in his heart. It hurts him to see her like that. He atleast expect her to shout on him and scold him asking what's her fault in all this. He is responsible for all this. He might have said no to this marriage. He felt as if someone have placed something heavy on his shoulders leaving him in an unbearable pain.

He went to his study room and prayed Salat al-Istikhaarah begging his guide, his Allah to show him the right path. He cried all his pain infront of him trying to mend his broken heart. He folded his prayer mat and walked back to his room and silently slept without disturbing Dua.

With Love ❤️
introvert_2001

Word Count: 1017.