The Eleventh Aesthetics

Author's POV:

" Allah! You came?" Nishma yelled seeing Aaliyah at their door step.

" Assalamualaikum." Aaliyah greeted nervously looking at the hawk eyes of Aadil.

" Walekum assalam beta. Come inside." Nishma said while Aadil gave a small smile asking them to come inside.

Dua and Zain walked in and as soon as Ihsan heard the voices, he skated down and stopped his sliding legs just infront of Aaliyah before hitting her.

" Ihsan......" Aaliyah looked at him astonished with the way he greeted her this close.

" Sorry. How was your journey?" He asked with a glint in his eyes making Aadil roll his eyes seeing his love sick son.

" Good. It's would be the best if you move a bit back." She said pushing him with her index finger.

" Aaliyah beta, go and rest. You must be jet lagged. Dua, my child, show her the room." Aadil said making Dua nod silently.

" So Dua ji, is everything good between you and Zain Bhai?" Aaliyah whispered. Dua just smiled and her eyes emitted that nothing is happening.

Aaliyah freshed up and took a nap while Ihsan greeted her in the afternoon with the lunch.

" So, you woke up?" He asked excitedly.

" Ihsan, hame aap se kuch baat karni hain. " Aaliyah said taking the plate from Ihsan's hand and placing it on the night stand. ( Ihsan, I wanna talk to you.)

He sat on the bed and motioned her to continue.

" How did your father agree to our relationship Ihsan?" Aaliyah asked in a sharp tone.

" Zain Bhai fought with him. He finally got convinced." Ihsan said it simply.

" Hmmmm....... So, Zain Bhai helped us." Aaliyah asked.

" Yes." Ihsan nodded.

" Don't you think we should help him too?" Aaliyah asked looking at Ihsan with puppy eyes.

" Jaana, hame samajh main nahi aarahe hain aap kya bolna chah rahe ho. " Ihsan said nodding his head in a negative way. ( Love, I'm not getting what you are trying to say.)

" Hum ye batana chah rahe hai Ihsan ki, Zain Bhai ne hamara madad ki hai hamare pyar main, tho hum bhi uska madad karen. " Aaliyah pleaded. ( What I wanna say Ihsan is, Zain have helped us in out love, then we too will help him.)

" Have you gone mad Aaliyah? Bhai loved a Pakistani soldier and Abbu rejected her tying his knot with Bhabhi. You can't spoil Bhabhi's life because you wanna unite Bhai with his love." Ihsan said.

" Arey! I'm not saying that Ihsan. What I'm saying is make Zain Bhai fall for Dua ji. She have had enough in this marriage. Zain Bhai have hurted her a lot." Aaliyah said slightly disappointed with Zain.

" Hmmmmm...... This is a matter to think. But have your lunch first. Indian food is love." Ihsan said proudly.

There are a lot of varieties in her plate. There is some rice, dal, mutton koorma, papad, a bowl of chicken soup and finally Khaddo ka kheer.

" Woohhhh! This is lot." She said which made Ihsan smile.

" Damn these are too good. Mainly this mutton khoorma and this papad." Aaliyah said stuffing her mouth. Ihsan never saw her eat the food this fondly.

 Ihsan never saw her eat the food this fondly

" Want more?" He asked taking her plate.

" No. No. I'm done and let me take the plate. You leave it." She said taking the plate from his hand. She went to the kitchen and put the plate in the sink washing her hands.

Everyone looked at her with the sound making her more shy.

She drank the water and Dua took her to Zain's and her's room.

" Your room is very beautiful Dua ji. You have kept it clean but the colours are too dark." Aaliyah said looking around.

" I don't get to touch anything here except for my clothes Aaliyah. Everything happens according to Zain here." Dua said with a tight lipped smile making Aaliyah sad.

" Why don't Zain Bhai likes you Dua Ji?" Aaliyah asked sitting on the couch. She knows it's not appropriate to sit on bed in someone's room.

" He loves someone else Aaliyah." Dua spoke sitting beside Aaliyah.

" Bhai, come let's listen what they are talking." Ihsan dragged Zain near his room. Zain glared at Ihsan saying that it's not appropriate to eavesdrop.

Zain's heartbeat rose listening to the question Aaliyah asked. Ihsan know what Aaliyah is gonna ask Dua. So he slowly slipped away from there.

" What?" Aaliyah asked faking her shock.

" Hmmmm....... He was working as a house surgeon in Punjab and a pair of Pak Army women accidently landed in India injured badly. Zain took them under his care and treated them. So to safeguard her and her partner, he hid their identity from the Indian forces. And he fell in love with one of the girls. When he came back, he said that he loves her and obviously Abbu rejected her because there was a cold war going on at that time between India and Pakistan due to the surgical strike." Dua said everything making Aaliyah sit in shock. She don't know when her eyes emitted those tears. Slowly Dua's broken voice turned into sobs.

" Dua ji?" Aaliyah called her softly.

" Abbu forced Zain to marry me Aaliyah and I really don't know that. If he really wanna torture me like this, why did he marry me? He must have rejected the Nikha. It's been three years and I've suffered a lot Aaliyah. Like every girl, I too left my paternal house excepting some love from my husband and my in laws. Abbu and Ammi loves me a lot but what about Zain? He treats me like shit. I don't care whether he loves me or not, atleast I deserve some respect Aaliyah." Dua yelled crying making Aaliyah too cry.

Zain who stood just outside the room had tears in his eyes. He never gave a thought that he is psychologically torturing her. Every word she spoke pierced his heart. He walked away from there and went to the terrace for some fresh air. It's hard to digest what Dua is feeling. She is keeping all this to herself since long and she got a person to burst out today.

" Zain Bhai is wrong Dua ji." Aaliyah mumbled.

" He is wrong since from the start Aaliyah and now I'm determined. I don't give a shit about what happens in my life further." Dua said angrily wiping the tears.

She went to the washroom to wash her face leaving Aaliyah in dilemma whether to ask her Zain's lover name or not.

" How about we go to the shopping today? Abbu and your Abbu have fixed the date of your engagement for overmorrow." Dua said excitedly coming out from the washroom.

Aaliyah opened and closed her mouth like a fish seeing the rapid transformation of Dua.

" Dua Ji?" Aaliyah called.

" Dua Bhabhi....." Dua said looking at Aaliyah. It really brought a smile on Aaliyah's face.

" Dua bhabhi, can I ask one last question to you?" Aaliyah pleaded.

" Her name?" Dua asked taking her handbag leaving Aaliyah with her mouth wide open.

" Her name is Amira Nur Farooqi." Dua said monotonously.

With Love ❤️
introvert_2001

Well, the story credit for Zain's goes to viraj_king. He is the one who gave me this idea. Thank you very much Viraj 🙏.

Word Count: 1210.