XVII

🎶lafzon ka ye rishta nahilamhon ka ye rishta nahisadiyon ka ye hai waastahai rooh ka raabta

lamhon ka ye rishta nahi
sadiyon ka ye hai waasta
hai rooh ka raabta.... 🎶

◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽

Meera stared at the picture of her parents, Sakshi and Shekhar, with tears in her eyes.

"I can't believe it's already been a year since they left me!" She whispered while leaning more onto Kabir. He just hugged her and gave her the comfort that she needed.

He could feel her tears wetting his t-shirt, and himself closed his eyes and that one year old incident flashed in front of his eyes. He can't even imagine how terrible it must have felt for Meera to lose both her parents in a single day.

"Darling, they must be hurting seeing you cry like this!" He tried to calm her down as her tears were killing him.

Kabir Oberoi was famous for his incredible business brain, outshining everyone else. But the only thing that had him on his knees was his wife's tears. He just couldn't see Meera sad.

_______________

Two weeks later, a six months pregnant Mayera, Arjun, with their three year old daughter, Navya; and Kiara and Veer along with a one and half years old son, Aahan came to Mumbai to celebrate Meera and Kabir's one year wedding anniversary.

Meera had become the kids favorite from the minute they met. Navya was already familiar with her Meera Mami, but Aahan too had warmed up with her really quickly. Meera had always loved kids and enjoyed having Navya and Aahan around her.

Since they had a very simple wedding, Kabir decided that they'll have a big get together for the anniversary as a compensation. Also, Meera had never met Kiara, Veer and Aahan so it was a perfect opportunity for everyone to come under one roof and enjoy some family time.

The lounge of the Oberoi Mansion was decorated with lots of fresh flowers, some balloons and different types of lights. Kiara's parents had joined them, and it was just family.

Everyone made the couple cut the cake and feed each other. They even took pictures together for memories.

It was quite late at night, and Kiara's and Kabir's parents had padded off to their rooms to sleep. It was now just the three couples, and two half-asleep kids in the lounge. Meera sat in between Kabir's legs, with her back resting on his chest. Mayera was lying on the couch, with Arjun massaging her swollen feet, while Veer laid his head on Kiara's lap and let her smooth fingers run through his scalp. It was a content, peaceful moment.

"Kids grow up so fast. It feels like yesterday when Navya was born!" Kabir commented while looking at his niece sleeping while cuddling Aahan. She was a typical older sister to him, always protecting him.

"Yeah, now she is all set to welcome her younger sibling." Arjun palmed Mayera's bump and gave him a love-sick look. Still.

"Doesn't matter how many kids you have, Mayeru is always going to love me more!" Veer smirked.

This made Arjun groan in frustration. "For the love of God, you have a wife and a son now! Leave my wife alone."

Everyone in the room bursted out laughing. Even after so many years, Veer still loved pulling Arjun's leg, and it still irked Arjun to no end.

"Kia, don't you think you should beat up your husband for flirting with another woman?" Arjun asked Kiara.

"Well, I would definitely beat him for flirting with a woman, but Mayera is an exception!" Kiara herself loved seeing Arjun and Veer's cute fight, and would do absolutely nothing to stop it.

"I know you all love teaming up against me!" Arjun complained like a little baby.

Meera felt bad for him and immediately sided with him. "Don't worry, I'll be in your team!"

Arjun's eyes lit up. "Really? You're the best, Meera!"
Then he looked at Kabir and casually said,"Dude, I think marrying her was your best decision ever!"

Kabir, his eyes full with seriousness and love, looked at his wife and whispered, "I know!"

Mayera's eyes didn't miss Kabir's action and she thanked God for blessing them with love. She had last seen them a year ago, when Kabir was really cold to Meera. She wanted to talk to him about it, but decided against it. At that Kabir's mind was already too messed up, and if she'd put forward her thoughts too, it'd just make him more irritable.

Sometimes it is best to let people figure out things on their own. You cannot always help them fight their battles. In some cases, giving them some time and space is the right thing to do.

____________

An hour later, everyone decided to go to sleep since it was already midnight. After coming back to the room, Meera hooked her lips with Kabir's into a passionate kiss.

"Can I ask you something?" She said after pulling away.

"Anything, baby!" His hands roamed all over her body.

"What do you love the most about me?"

"Everything. I love each and every part of your being equally and passionately. But most of all, I love what we have between us. All the trust and care and bond and understanding that we share is the most valuable thing for me in my life." His voice was heavy with feelings.

Meera smiled at him and cheered. "To loving us the most!"

"To loving us!"

🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺🔺

That was the last chapter to have Mayera, Arjun, Kiara, Veer, Navya and Aahan in it. That's it. That's the final glimpse you guys got into their lives. It was a final wrap for them. I was crying throughout this chapter. I can't believe it is slowly coming to an end.

Because we're saying goodbye to them here, I think it would be not fair with you guys if I didn't tell you this. Mayera and Arjun have another girl after Navya (you're free to name her anything of your choice), while Kiara and Veer didn't have anymore babies. Aahan was their one and only.

I'll go now and cry for a few hours! Don't forget *sniff* to vote. *sniff*