𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮

Rex had promised himself after the way his brothers tried to tease him about the princess Caroline that he wouldn't look at her in the same way he had when he had first met her

Rex had promised himself after the way his brothers tried to tease him about the princess Caroline that he wouldn't look at her in the same way he had when he had first met her. But here in the elegance of the gala, that was very hard to do. She was the eldest of her sisters, making her the one who stood out the most in status. She would be queen some day, and her style of the evening clearly reflected that. She wore her same golden diadem ontop of her golden colored hair which was pulled back into a braided bun. A few strands of pin curls fell gracefully from the bun. Her gown was the most different from her sisters. All the other princesses wore hoop skirts, clearly marking them as fine members of youth compared to the elder status of their sister, Caroline. Her dress was much more slimming, a yellow gown with decore of suns embroidered into the silk. Gold was used to add detail to the dress and made her look truly regal. She was much more then just a princess, Caroline was the image of a true queen. And Rex hated himself for finding her so effortlessly intoxicating. The way she carried herself didn't help with Rex's untimely feelings towards her. She was grace, purely and undeniably. And she quickly caught his gaze. A smile crossed her lips and Rex cursed himself underneath his helmet. She walked over to him, golden yellow skirts flowing effortlessly like the rolling waves of the ocean at high tide sparkling in the golden hues of the setting sun. If the sun were a human it would be her. "Captain." She said softly, her voice like honey to him. He was so thankful for his helmet to cover his flushed cheeks and parted lips in awe of the woman. "I cannot tell you how pleased I am to see you here." She said. Rex bit his lip. "You flatter me your majesty." He replied, hoping she couldn't notice how dry his voice was. The princess smiled wider at his words. "Care for a walk?" She asked, offering her arm for him to take. "Please, I would love to spend time with my favorite soldier before I must partake in the most dreaded part of socializing." Rex raised a brow. He looked back over at his men who, even with their helmets on, Rex could tell they were eating up the display between him and the princess. He had told them himself not to socialize and here he was, gawking at the eldest princess like a hopeless schoolboy. He decided to hell with it, he was allowed time for his own desires as well. He turned back to the princess and took her arm in his, escorting her through the large elegant room. "And what would that be, your majesty." "How many times must I tell you, captain, just call me Caroline." She replied with a soft grin as she led him to one of the elegant hall ways that led to the garden of the palace. "Then you call just call me Rex, Caroline." The clone Captain replied and Caroline giggled. "Of course, Rex." She replied as they stepped outside, the cold night air nipped at her skin and she loosely wrapped her arms around herself to stay warm. "Tonight I must dance with my future husband, and I must also meet him for the first time."

"Husband?" Rex echoed her words, raising s brow. The woman nodded, a somber look crossed her face for only a mere second. If Rex wasn't so focused on her he would have missed it entirely. "That's the whole reason behind this banquet, my dear." Caroline replied. "To introduce each of the king's daughter to our arranged eternal bondage, ah I mean husband." She and Rex both shared a laugh at her words. Rex sighed as he looked at the woman again. He noticed how much the idea pained her, and for a moment for some reason it worried him too. "Wouldn't a lovely woman of your stature want to get married?" He asked gently. The royal woman clothed in elegant yellow fine cloth pressed her perfectly pink lips in a thin line at his question. "It's not that I don't want to get married, Rex." She replied. "It's the idea of getting married to someone I don't even know. Why he could be a tyrant or deceptive and that's nothing I want any part of." "Rightfully so." Rex replied without thinking, catching the woman off guard. She turned her head with a jerk as she looked up at him, brown eyes trained on his ever so curiously, wishing to know schematics behind his words. "Hm?" She hummed politely and Rex's face was dusted with the slightest hint of red as he also realized what he had said to the princess. "I um- well I only-" he stammered and Caroline smiled as she placed a gentle hand on his. "A fine woman like yourself only deserves the best." A warm expression bloomed on the face of the eldest princess as she looked at the captain. "And I suppose the best would be you?" The Captain froze. "Your majesty please, I-I mean no disrespect I only-" "Rex," Caroline spoke softly with a smile. She reached up to gently touch his cheek with a silk gloved hand. The stoic blushing man flinched lightly at the feeling of soft silk grazing his skin. "I'm only teasing, my dear." Caroline replied. It took every effort within the captain not to be absolutely transfixed by the woman before him and her regal beauty. He hesitantly  leaned into the touch of her hand. In that moment, the girl who would be queen could feel herself also fall for the captain of general Anakin Skywalker's legion. She parted her lips to speak to him but was interrupted by the harsh chime of grand clock of the castle. It was now twenty hundred hours, and time for the princesses to meet their future husbands. Caroline instantly pulled her hand from him. "I have to go." She said, her voice now soft and much more timid then it was before. "I'm sorry." She added. "For what?" Rex asked and the princess sighed. "You know what." She replied and the captain bit his lip. He did know. "I'll see you again." Rex said, his voice firm like the captain he was. "Perhaps later tonight?" And finally Caroline's charming and beautiful smile graced her lips once more. "Yes!" She said in a hushed whisper. "Yes I'd like that."