𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻

"We haven't found anything yet

"We haven't found anything yet." Kix spoke in to his communicator. It had been four days since he and Calypso had landed on Kamino and finally he was able to check in with Rex. "We?" Rex asked with a raised brow. "I thought I told you," Kix said "Calypso is with me." He said. Rex was quiet for several seconds. "You mean to tell me that you brought a princess with you on a top secret mission for the Republic?" There was a note of tension in Rex's voice but all Kix could do was sigh. "Yes sir." He replied. "Kix you know-" "Yes I know it's a violation of several regulations. She wouldn't let me go without her." Kix said. "I will own up to my actions and accept the consequences when I return." He said. "Well at least you know what you're getting yourself in to." Rex replied. "How is the war going, anyways?" Kix asked, now that the matter of him bringing Calypso along on his mission was out of the way. "Any updates?" He added. "Yes actually," Rex replied. "We believe the war is almost over." He said and Kix could hear the grin in his voice. "General Kenobi has Grievous cornered, he's on his way to confront him now. As for General Skywalker he's still with the chancellor and I am on my way with commander Tano to Mandalore to apprehend Maul." Kix froze. "Did you say commander Tano?" He asked slowly. "As in, Ahsoka Tano?" He added. "That's right." "But I thought she left the Jedi Order." Kix replied. "She returned with information regarding the potential capture of Maul and requested our help. General Kenobi and Skywalker made the decision to send me with her along with a few clones to apprehend Maul and assist in finishing the war." Rex replied. "So the war truly is almost over." "It would seem like it."

The research on Kamino seemed like a dead end for a while. During their time there, however, Kix had his inhibitor chip removed. He and Calypso snuck in to one of the unoccupied rooms and Kix used his knowledge to preform the procedure on himself, just to be safe. Calypso helped in whatever way Kix would let her, he was still holding her back from doing too much. The princess wasn't supposed to be on this mission after all. He wasn't about to let her do something to endanger the mission, or more importantly herself. He had already lost so much, Hardcase, Fives, Tup, he couldn't loose her too. No, that would be too much for him to handle. The clone medic tried to push the thought from his mind as he and Calypso scoured more and more records. He pressed his fingers to the batca patch covering his surgical wound as his eyes scoured over the galactic basic on the screen. Nothing. Still. The beeping sound of his comm link pulled his eyes from his datapad. "Kix?" His eyes widened, this was not the voice of Rex but it was from Rex's comm. But the voice was familiar even still. "Ahsoka?" He asked, too shocked to offer formalities. "Kix, I have to warn you." She said, her voice filled with panic. "What's wrong? Is Rex okay?" He asked. "The chips- the war is over." She said. "We've lost." Kix felt his heart drop. "How?" "The chips." she continued. "They made the clones turn on us- the jedi- I don't know who else has survived, if anyone has survived." "Why- why are you telling me this?" Kix asked. "What can I do about it?" "Keep researching." Ahsoka said urgently. "Find more research, figure out who had the chips put in the clones." She said. "But stay hidden as best as you can, the Republic has fallen, they'll come after you next." "Who?" Kix asked but the transmission had ended.

Kix turned to Calypso who looked up from her own datapad. "What's wrong?" she signed, instantly picking up on something not being right. He had stepped out of the room they were in with all the records to take the incoming transmission who he had thought to me Rex. When he returned Calypso could instantly tell something was wrong. "We've lost." He said, dropping his datapad on a near by table. "We've lost the war." He said. "What? How?" Calypso signed but Kix refused to answer her. "Take all the records you can carry." Kix told her quickly and urgently, picking his data pad back up. "We're leaving." He said. "Where are we going?" Calypso asked. "Somewhere far, somewhere safe." Kix didn't exactly know where but he knew they had to escape. They were coming for him next, who was coming he still didn't know. He could only assume that the Separatists were coming, but how had they used the clones against the jedi? Too many things didn't make sense but one thing was for sure, he and Calypso were out of time and it was time to go.