𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

"Your majesty," Padme began as she bowed before the now queen of Atla

"Your majesty," Padme began as she bowed before the now queen of Atla. It had been barely even a day since her coronation and Caroline was already making royal decrees and expanding on what her father had put in place. "You wanted to see me?" Padme added, Anakin at her side as her Jedi escort. Caroline sighed as she stood from the throne of gold to walk down to Padme. "Yes." She replied, her eyes seemed to have aged years in the mere amount of two days. Something was worrying the young queen, that was evident to anyone who looked upon her. "I want to speak with you about the matters surrounding the death of my father." Caroline announced and Padme's eyes widened. "Queen Caroline I want to assure you that the Republic played no part in the death of King William, may he rest in peace." Caroline nodded at Padme's statement, agreeing with her. "Yes, precisely." She agreed. "And that is what bothers me so." She added. "What are you trying to say?" Padme asked carefully, her eyes searching Caroline for any sort of clue that might reveal what was going on in her mind. "Senator Amidala, my home was once a land of peace but with the attack of the seperatist forces on the night of my father's death I fear they will outnumber us in a war we cannot win alone." Caroline said, "I fear as well that the people will rise up and pressure me to make a decision on matters surrounding the passing of my father soon and that they will not favor peace and neutrality after such an assault on our beloved home." The look in Caroline's eyes was one of sorrow, the look of someone who was brought to making a choice they wanted nothing to do with. "I want to come to Coruscant with you and speak with the senate about Atla joining the Republic." Padme blinked in surprise. "You do?" She asked and Caroline nodded. "My father may have wanted nothing to do with your war but his death will be the catalyst of Atla's future relations with the Republic." Pamde couldn't stop the smile on her face, her mission had become successful. Perhaps not the way she had intended it but nonetheless she had convinced Atla to join the Republic. "Thank you, your majesty." Padme said with a polite bow of her head. "I will set preparations for our departure at once."

"We're going to Coruscant?" Charlotte shouted as a smile spread on her face. "No." Caroline quickly stopped her. "Courtney and I are going to Coruscant for a meeting with the Galactic senate. The rest of you are going to stay here." She instructed her sisters. "Courtney?!" Cordelia said with distaste. "Why does she get to go?" She asked with a hiss to her voice. "Perhaps it's because I am the most educated out of you lot." Courtney replied flatly. "Oh please." Caydence said with a roll of her eyes. "That is so not true." "Yeah I mean, as if." Carissa added. "Girls please!" Caroline finally huffed, grabbing the attention of her sisters. "Courtney is going because that's what I decided on. There will be no questioning, understand?" There were many groans and sighs but the girls all finally nodded in agreement. "Now when Padme and her escorts leave tomorrow me and Courtney will be leaving with them." "Wait, their escorts?" Cossette asked as she stood. "You mean the men they came with? The soldiers?" She asked and Caroline nodded. "Yes, tomorrow they will be leaving us to return to Coruscant." She added, this peaked Calypso's interest. Did this mean Kix would be leaving tomorrow too? And would he be leaving for good? Calypso shared a look with Cosette as she sat back down next to her. They both had a mutual understanding. Calypso would have to see her beloved Kix one last time before he left in the morning.

"Cal," Cosette spoke to her little sister as they walked back to their room with the rest of their sisters after their meeting with the Queen. "What are you going to do about your- you know..." Cosette asked, insinuating her question was about Kix. Calypso's shoulders sank, unsure of how to respond. With Caroline's decree of ending the arranged marriages Calypso was one step closer to being able to live the life she desired with Kix, however there were still complications. Kix was still a loyal soldier of the Republic which forbade him from having attachments like the one he shared with Calypso. And Calypso, like it or not, was still a princess. She had duties and responsibilities to the royal court of Atla, not to herself. "I have to see him." Calypso signed to her sister as they walked. She had to see him, to speak with him one last time before he went away. "I need to speak with him." Calypso added and Cosette nodded. She understood. "Of course." She replied. "I'll get you to him tonight. Besides, I have someone I need to speak with as well before they leave." Calypso's eyes widened as she looked up at her sister. "You?" she signed and Cosette nodded. "Who?!" Calypso signed with more enthusiasm, eager to get caught up on her sister's business. Cosette chuckled to herself as she shook her head. "No, Cal, it's nothing like that. Just need to say goodbye to a friend." "A 'friend'?" Calypso teased with a smile. "Yes, Cal." Cosette said with a playful roll of her eyes and a grin. "Just a friend."