𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻

"I do not understand

"I do not understand." Calypso signed to Kix as she sat across from him in the castle gardens for what would most likely be their last time doing so. "You're leave to go where?" She signed with her brows knitted up in confusion. "Umbara." Kix replied. "We are needed to help win them over for the Republic." He added. "The same way you tried to win us over for the Republic?" Calypso asked but Kix shook his head. "Unfortunately no, Umbara is a battlefield. Calypso, the men and I are going to fight in the war." Calypso did not like hearing this, not one bit. She knew of the ongoing war, of course, but when she was with Kix she liked to pretend it did not exist. "How long will you be gone to U-M-B-A-R-A?" She asked, spelling out Umbara with her fingers so delicately to make sure she spelled it right. "I have no idea." Kix replied. "It could be months, it could be weeks, or it could be days." "Months?" Calypso signed back. A look of grief crossed her features and Kix suddenly felt guilty, as if he shouldn't have told her anything. But it was the truth. When the men fought battles they never knew for how long, they didn't even have the luxury of knowing if they would even come back from the battles. Kix looked at the woman next to him. In the silver light of the moons of Atla, she looked almost like a serene goddess. The light added a soft glow to her figure and it made Kix swoon for her even more. His beautiful little princess, all poised and dainty but also full of love and care for her faithful soldier. "Calypso," Kix spoke softly as he reached out to brush a stray strand of wavy blonde hair from her face. "I want to tell you something." He added and Calypso's blue eyes widened. She nodded, urging him to continue. "I- Well I- I think I'm falling in love with you." Calypso let out a soft breath as she leaned into the touch of his rough hand that caressed her cheek gently. "Then don't leave me." She signed to him and Kix's expression fell. "Calypso," Kix mused her name, "You know I can't do that." Kix said, "I am not a deserter." He added. "And neither am I." Calypso signed. "I love you, my dear K-I-X, but even with the arranged marriages being changed by the Queen, a marriage between us would be impossible." "I Know." Kix replied. "But," Calypso began and Kix perked up to look at her. "We could pretend." "Pretend?" Kix said with a scoff. "Yes. Pretend." Calypso continued. "Kix when I am with you I feel as if the war does not exist. I feel as if I am no Royal and you are no clone. I am simply happy. With just you and me, we could pretend that there is no war and that we are just two happy people in love, married, and full of the joy of newly weds." Kix chuckled. He couldn't help it. He pulled the princess onto his lap, her loose silk nightgown easily moved around her legs and allowed her to straddle his waist effortlessly. "Is that what you want, princess?" He asked, almost using her title as a pet name. Calypso didn't respond. She simply leaned down to kiss him, her hands resting against his shoulders. Her lips moved in a steady rhythm with his own and soon her hips matched that pace, moving against his. Kix was a medic, he knew all about the signs Calypso was sending him in this moment, the signs of a woman in love and filled with desire. His hands moved from where they gently cupped her face to trace down her body, tracing over her arms and waist and eventually settling on her hips. "Is this what you want, my princess?" He asked in a hushed tone as he finally pulled away from her lips. Calypso nodded before leaning down to kiss him again but not before Kix's hands got to work, doing what she needed them to do the most.

Kix looked at the woman draped across his chest. She slept peacefully, the rise and fall of her chest coensighted with Kix's own breathing. In this moment, Calypso looked truly peaceful. She didn't look worried about her future with her beloved clone nor worried about the fate of her marriage. No, Calypso Canto was at peace in her favorite place, the arms of her love. Calypso was all Kix could smell, even surrounded by the flowers of the kingdom's gardens, the lavender aroma that always seemed to follow Calypso filled Kix's every breath and for the rest of his life that was all he wanted to smell, Calypso. For once he tried to imagine a future with her, a future where there was no war and where there was no royalty. Simply a beautiful mute woman who still found a way to sing to Kix in every way possible. She had enchanted him. She had bewitched him, mind, body, and soul. It was almost as if she were his siren, expelling her dangerous yet gorgeous song and luring him into her, closer and closer until there was no escape for him. But that was the killer for Kix, he didn't want to escape her. He wanted simply what he had in this moment but he wanted it forever, not just once in the deepest hours of the night to avoid getting caught. No, Kix wanted intimacy and love with Calypso all the time. He wanted to share everything with her, the hardships, the things that made him happy, the things that made him love. Perhaps after the war was over he would finally be able to do these things. Perhaps after the war he could formally pursue to court her. With the arranged marriages falling through for most of the princesses they would be needing someone to marry, and Kix had a feeling that the Queen would favor him over the man Calypso was originally intended to marry. Kix looked down at the sleeping princess once more. A small smile pulled at his lips as he thought more and more about his idea. He leaned down to press a kiss to her forehead, the second his lips made contact with her a pleased smile spread on Calypso's lips. Even in sleep she was still filled with the feeling of content. "One day, princess." Kix whispered, not loud enough for her to hear but loud enough for him to barely hear himself. "One day we will be happy." He added before pulling her closer to him. "When all of this is behind us." a yawn escaped his lips. "And the war is over."