𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓢𝓲𝔁

"Princess Courtney!" Fives shouted after the woman who seemed to act as if he were invisible

"Princess Courtney!" Fives shouted after the woman who seemed to act as if he were invisible. "Princess Courtney please!" He added and finally the woman he had been chasing after for almost half an hour stopped dead in her tracks and turned to face him. But the expression on her face was not one Fives was hoping to see. There were many emotions evident in her eyes but mostly there was a sternness. A look of exhaustion. And also the look of someone who was tired of being pestered until she could not possibly handle it anymore. "What could you possibly want from me?" She hissed through clenched teeth. But Fives didn't understand. This was the woman who had fallen for him, wasn't it? The woman who had slept with him twice and seemed to be fully devoted to him, and he to her. So why was she suddenly so cold towards him? "Princess Courtney I don't understand." He began. "Understand what?" Courtney countered. "You." Fives said flatly. "You and I seemed to be getting along so so well." He began with a chuckle. "And now you won't even look at me without looking like you're going to burst into tears." Fives explained. "What happened?" Courtney sighed. She looked around to see if anyone was near who could listen in on her words or spy on her actions. When she was satisfied with the lack of near by souls she stepped forward to Fives. "I love you." She spoke softly. Fives' eyes went wide. He stepped back, away from the princess in blue and looked down at her skeptically. "Okay now I'm really confused." He admitted and Courtney smiled softly. "I love you, Fives." She persisted. "I love you so much that it has caused trouble for Atla." Fives' demeanor began to soften. "What do you mean?" He asked as he stepped closer to the princess. "It's Finnian." "The Agamar prince? But I thought your sister said no more arrangemed marraiges?" "I wish it were that simple." Courtney replied. "Fives, he threatened my people." She looked at him and suddenly Fives understood. He could see the reason why she could no longer look at him. The pain in her eyes. "What happened?" "He said if I didn't marry him he would unleash war on Atla." "Oh Courtney." Fives said, his voice soothing to the worried princess. This time Fives looked around to make sure no one else was present before he took the princess into his arms, wrapping her in a soft embrace. "I'm so sorry." He added but Courtney shook her head. "No, I'm sorry. I should have told you sooner." "How could you have told me? This Finnian guy probably would have found out and created more problems then he already has." Fives pulled back from his hug to look down at Courtney. He brushed a stray strand of brown hair from her face and her blue eyes peered up at him. Slowly he leaned down to capture her lips one last time in a warm chast kiss that both of them wished lasted longer then it did. When he finally pulled away for fear of getting caught he leaned down to whisper to the princess. His warm breath licked her ear as he spoke the words she wanted to hear from him. "I love you too."

Before anyone knew it, it was time for both Caroline and Courtney and the 501st to depart for their own separate missions. Courtney followed her sister to their ship that Padme had arranged for them. The princess in blue walked as if all eyes were on her, not wishing to give any obvious display of her affections for her soldier who was also leaving that day. The two had already said their goodbyes and Courtney stressed to him the need for them to not speak as she and her sister borded their ship with the senator. Caroline on the other hand, also stole away a few moments to say goodbye to her dearly beloved clone captain. "How long will you be at this Umbara?" She asked before boarding the ship with her sister. "I don't know." Rex answered honestly. "Then I can only hope I will see you back on Coruscant when you return from your mission." Caroline suggested and Rex smiled at the thought of not just a beautiful woman waiting for him, but a beautiful queen waiting for him. He would have never guessed that he would have been so lucky. "I hope so as well, my queen." He replied. The way he addressed her caused Caroline to flash a sheepish smile. "Rex you know you can call me Caroline." She replied as Rex reached out to grasp her dainty hand in his. He brought her fingers to his lips and pressed a soft kiss to her knuckles causing the stoic queen to now blush. "Until we meet again, my queen." The now cheeky captain replied with a wink.