08 | red velvet

Third Person POV

Rain pounded heavily against the roof of the Kazekage's mansion . In the minimalistic styled kitchen , (Name) and Gaara sat , flinching slightly when thunder struck.

" Luckily this house is on a hill ," (Name) commented , taking a bite from the spring onion and sour cream flavoured potato chip.

" It's even luckier for us that we managed to get here on time ," Gaara responded , digging into his red apple.

" Only for us though ," she snickered . Apparently , boredom struck Kankurou and Yashamaru , and the two of them ended up going to the River Country reserve forest , intending for a good time taking photos.

" It's flooding immensely there .." Gaara trailed. "  The cook is also away ..So .. We have the house all to ourselves until it eventually dries up ..".

" Hmm.." (Name) murmured as she headed to the fridge . " Woah ! So many ingredients here ! " she burst as her eyes landed on the tightly packed fridge.

The fridge itself was gigantic , and was filled with all sorts of raw ingredients. A smirk formed on (Name)'s face.

" Now I will be able to make a birthday cake for Gaara ! " she thought.

" Gaara .. Why don't you go up to your room and play with the stuff we bought earlier ? I have some work to do in the kitchen ," (Name) spoke sweetly.

" Are you baking a cake for my birthday  , (Name) ?" Gaara questioned bluntly . 

" Eh ? How did he know  ?!"  (Name)'s mind thought furiously.

" W..what ? Naw ! I was just thinking about ... Uh .. Cleaning the tabletops .." she blurted . 

" Oh please , (Name) . I can see right through you . After all , I'm one year older than you . And tomorrow , it'll officially be two ," Gaara smirked.

(Name) huffed . " Fine .. I am going to bake a cake for you .." she retorted. " Ooh.. What type of cake ?" Gaara spoke , curiosity lacing his voice.

" I was thinking about a chocolate and vanilla red velvet cheesecake .."
(Name) explained. " Mind telling  me how do you make that ?" Gaara voiced .
" It shouldn't be hard . I'll just combine a vanilla cheesecake and red velvet sponge cake . And I'll put some cream cheese icing and drizzle with melted milk chocolate . Done !" she confessed.

(Name) showed Gaara the recipe on her phone .

" Oh .. Sounds like a piece of cake - which is named La Difficult - from De Easier Said Than Done bakery , on Wearisome street  ," he insisted hotly .

" And because you wanted to know so much , I guess you should help out !" (Name) burst sneakily as she smirked widely.

" Eh ?! I thought the birthday boy is supposed to stay in the living room and play video games ! " Gaara retorted.

" Come on ! You're older than me to boot! " she blurted. Gaara let out a grunt.
" Okay .. But first .." he murmured as he pulled (Name) into a tight , warm embrace . Gaara lifted (Name)'s chin and pecked her lips playfully. " I guess the older one gets to make the first move ," Gaara commented. (Name) giggled as she kissed Gaara's left cheek.

" Does it still hurt ?" Gaara asked as he fingered (Name)'s bandaged cheek. " Not anymore ," she responded blissfully.

" We should do this more often ," Gaara whispered , burying his face into (Name)'s hair. " Pervert ," (Name) growled playfully. 

" Call me whatever you want .. As long as you love me , " he murmured.

" Okay.. Now go preheat the oven to 350 degrees ! And then take three 9 inch sized cake pans and layer them with butter , and then sift cocoa powder onto it ," (Name) spoke. " Bossy .. " Gaara commented . " I like that , ".