14 | beleaguer

(Name)'s POV

BEEP ... BEEP ... BEEP...

The sound was familiar to my ears throughout the years . Except that I used to be the one monitoring it , and not the one lying on the bed . 
I could feel the oxygen mask strapped on my face . Aah , it reminds me of the old days - not that it was a nice memory though .

" (Name) ?" . Even in my unconscious state , I could tell that the voice belonged to Gaara . " Are you awake ?" . His warm hands caressed my cheek and went on to my hand . His voice was slightly shaky and he constantly sniffled . I swallowed the lump in my throat and forced my eyes opened . 
A teary eyed Gaara sat on the side of the bed , his hand steadily holding mine . " Yeah ..." I murmured softly as I tried to sit up . " You mustn't sit up (Name) . You're still unwell ," he spoke soothingly . I took a deep breath and closed my eyes .

" W..what happened ?" I questioned shakily . " You passed out at the hotel room . So I called a cab and took you here ,". I simply nodded . 

" (Name) .. You've awaken ," Sakura's voice rang . I turned towards Sakura , who had a clipboard in her hands . " You bet I am .. Aah , this feels awkward ," I snickered .

Sakura mustered up a smile . " Gaara .. Can you please leave the room for a moment ? I need to talk to (Name) ," she spoke sweetly .

" If you have anything to say , you can say it to the both of us ," Gaara retorted . " It's girl talk ," I blurted .
Gaara let out a sigh and swaggered out of the room. " Fine fine ,".

As soon as Gaara left , Sakura's expression grew grim . " (Name) .. You know what I'm going to say , right ?" . I nodded . " How long will I survive ?" . Sakura's eyes widened and she shook her head rapidly .

" I'm not going to let you die . There are chemotherapeutic healing methods . The cancer can be healed ," . 
" I don't have expenses for that though . After all , it's already in the third stage . I should just die ," I murmured . Sakura lowered her eyes .

" You're my friend (Name) .. I don't want you to die ," she whimpered . " I know .. But what can be done is close to none ,". Suddenly Sakura's eyes lit up . 
" What about Gaara ? You two are in a relationship right ?" . That moment I felt everything stop . Gaara . 
If I die , what will happen to him ?

" I don't know ... He won't be cheery after listening to this news ,". I buried my face in my hands , letting warm tears flow down my cheeks .
" Try to tell him in the safest way possible ," Sakura suggested . I shook my head furiously . " You don't understand .. He suffers from a heart disease .. I'm afraid it might take a toll on his health if I tell him . Sakura , promise me that you won't tell him anything ..".

Sakura nodded at me . " As you wish ,".

As soon as Sakura left the room , I shut my eyes , fighting the tears that were not really there .

My heart ached painfully , but I was tired of crying . A loud sigh escaped my lips . It was finally happening . 
I fingered the thin blanket , my lips quivering slightly . Why does this have to happen ? After I have finally found happiness , I will be ripped away from it .
If I'm going to die , why not when I was ready to give up ?

The world is so cruel towards (Name) (Surname) . And there's pretty much nothing that (Name) (Surname) can do about it .

I fell into a deep slumber afterwards , weeping within , a straight face outside .

' Rain poured heavily in Suna . It was very unlikely to rain in Suna , especially not a summer soak . The sky was dull and lifeless , the colour an ugly tone of grey .From afar , I could tell that it was a cemetery . Numerous gravestones were embedded in the ground .
Some were white , some were grey , and some were black.

A pure white cobblestone path spread out for miles across the graveyard . Nothing stood out more than the single black umbrella , and the person loyally standing in front of a single white gravestone . 
Hours passed , yet the rain has not stopped . The anonymous person still stood there . 
I was curious , who is that ? 

Suddenly , the man tossed the black umbrella away , giving me a perfect view of himself - red hair , pale skin and a black suit . 

Only one person crossed my mind . Gaara . 
Rain splattered on the top of his head , soaking his red hair . His green eyes which I had grown to love dearly were red and puffy , tears that had flown fell along with the rain . 
His eyes were set on the white gravestone . 

"(Name) ... Why did you leave me ?! Why didn't you tell me that you were in pain ?! " . His words were heartrending , but nothing disturbed me more than the name engraved on the gravestone .

(Name) (Surname)

Born : (Birth day) (Birth month) (Birth year)

 Passed Away : 23 April 2015

' A Dear Friend , Healer and Companion '

(Name) (Surname) ... My name is (Name) (Surname) ...

" I can't live without you (Name) ! I can't after knowing that you've died for my sake ! " he bellowed . Out of nowhere , a knife slid into his hands . 
" I'll see you very soon , (Name) ," Gaara murmured as he plunged the knife into his chest . Blood spurted from the wound , splattering his pale skin . 
Gaara dropped onto the ground , coughing up blood .
" (Name)..." he coughed and his body went unmoving. Blood mixed up with the rain , and it flowed onto the ground . 

I screamed , my lungs almost burning up . " Gaara ! Gaara !".
I wanted to cry , I wanted to scream out . But my words did not seem to affect him.
Gaara just continued to lie in a crumpled motion on the ground , bleeding out .

" Aah !".

I did not know for how long I was screaming , but it was long enough to alert nurses and doctors .
They attempted to sedate me , but I recovered from my screaming fit shortly before they injected me .

" I'm fine ... No sedating needed ," I told . The doctors left the room , leaving a nurse monitoring my stats .

Gaara barged into the room , making the the nurse's eyes widen in displease . " Mr ! Please do not barge into the room in such a disgraceful manner . You will disturb the patient ,".
He simply brushed the nurse's words off casually.

" (Name) .. Are you okay ? I heard you screaming earlier ," Gaara voiced , taking hold of my right hand . I looked straight into his gentle , yet concerned eyes . 

The images from my vision flooded into my mind . " Gaara ..." I croaked weakly .
Without a single care in the world , I pulled Gaara nearer to me .
" (Name) ? What's wrong ?" Gaara blurted as I pulled him closer . I could not help it though - there was nothing I wanted more than his touch .

The nurse shuddered and swiftly left the room , leaving the door banging after her . 

" I ... Miss you ," I murmured . Gaara held me in his arms , his resting his head on mine . 

" It wasn't that long ," he soothed . " But what scared you so much to the point you were screaming out ?" .

" Uhh .. Nothing big ..." I brushed off . Gaara shook his head . " I know that look (Name) . You are lying , aren't you ?" he gushed .

" Fine ... I just had a dream that you left me ..." I murmured .

"(Name) .. That's ridiculous ! Why would I ever leave you ? " he questioned .

Of course , he doesn't know . He knows nothing . 

    Gaara is perfectly oblivious to everything .