31 | forever

' Thank you to you who relentlessly smiles at me, to you who always watches out for me from afar, and to you who is always there for me when I am at wits end. Thank you for being here with me, and I wish that you would continue doing so. I wish that you would lead me on in this journey called life , and that you would be the one that I call my love. Sincerely, that's all I wish for. 

" Omo, the makeup is a bit off," Temari murmured under her breath, scrutinizing the makeup artist's handiwork. (Name) broke into a sweat under Temari's dictator-like criticism , the said woman's glares made her feel as if she was gulping down bottles of Tabasco.

Yum.

" The colour scheme should be warm and mellow . Make it look natural. Keep the eye makeup to a minimum. And tone down with the eyeliner and white foundation , she's not a geisha ! " Temari ordered.

(Name) shook her head, keeping her laughter to herself. The makeup artist proceeded to wipe off the red lipstick off her lips, and then the chalk white foundation.

An assistant rushed into the room, a shoebox held sturdily in her hand.

   " Temari-sama , I have the Jimmy Choo shoes," she spoke, handing the shoebox to Temari .

    " Can I see them, Tema-nee ?" (Name) asked out of excitement. Temari nodded and gave her the box.

    " They're custom made, you know. I asked Gaara if a Cinderella theme would work, but he refused. He said glass slippers weren't your thing. So I recommended gems or natural stones, yet he still said no," Temari huffed.

(Name) gingerly opened the shoebox , and found a lovely pair of black and white heels.

The pattern was similar to marble, the way the black and white mingled .

   " All alone, white would be considered naive and vulnerable - so easy to be tainted. 

  All alone, black is considered to be dark and wicked , even if you were to taint it, if would be visible.

But together, they become a beautiful pattern, a new dimension achieved by combining two contrasting elements."

The makeup artist completed her task, and thankfully, Temari found it satisfactory this time. (Name) slipped on the shoes, and Temari fixed the flowers and veil on her head. Small, fine white flowers decorated the intricate braids off her hair , and a platinum hair ornament with the Suna crest was pinned on. 

    " Ah, of all the flowers out there, you chose buckwheat flowers? " Temari sighed, taking the bouquet out of the box.

   (Name) smiled, taking the bouquet from Temari's hand. " I like what they symbolize. Lovers."

Temari raised an inquiring eyebrow. " You're getting married, (Name) . It's a more stable relationship."

" I know that , Tema-nee. And I'm glad it's happening for real. But then again, the world celebrates lovers more than married couples," she chuckled. " I want Gaara and I to have a strong, steady marriage , and at the same time , be as intimate as any loving couple out there."

She wrapped her fingers around the bouquet, taking a deep breath.

    " That's all I wish for."

  " Hey, what's with that awful hairstyle, huh? " Naruto blurted, casually messing up Gaara's hair.

  " Yah! What was that for? " Gaara shouted, furiously combing his hair back again.

    " I hate to break it to you, Little Brother, but that slicked back hairstyle just doesn't work on you. Sure, it looks great on Draco Malfoy and Hidan , but not you," Kankurou grinned .