~ Armour of Chivalry ~

The intensity in his eyes was too striking that she looked away into the haze of dark blue that veiled the sky. The click of the terrace door made them jerk slightly, the past few minutes together had made them oblivious of the external world. Sivaangi walked in with her amiable smile and three glasses of juice. She handed it over to Mullai and she pulled a chair for herself, "enna mama what do you think of our devil... shh... sorry angel... hehe...", Mullai's mind was still too much stuck in his words that she smiled for the tease, "achacho... enga akka va enna panneenga... kindal panna sirikura...". Sivaangi masked her face with a fake terror-stricken expression and Kathir laughed out loud, making Mullai get back to form. She handed them the juice saying, "ippa puriyudhu why neeyum appa amma vum ivaru katchiku thaavuneenga nu...".

When Sivaangi was about to retort, Kathir stopped her, questioning Mullai instead with cocked eyebrows, "why...", Mullai took a sip and with a kittenish smile replied, "because nobody could not love someone whose words reach their eyes...". While they were drowning in each other's eyes, Sivaangi pulled them out with her sarcasm, "mama thanks to you... akka kooda 20 varusham iruken... aana neenga vara varaikum akka ivalo poetic nu enaku sathiyama theriyaathu...". Mullai hit Sivaangi's head in a light-hearted way and Kathir replied without much thought, choosing the quirkiest dialogue he had ever spoken in his life, "naanum 28 varushama paathathilla thaan unga akka maari oru ponna...". Mullai coughed hard out of disbelief of what she heard and Kathir rolled his eyes not knowing how to cover up the damage.

Sivaangi gulped the juice in one go and placed the glass in the teapoy, she cupped her cheeks within her palms and tilted her head, looking at them both with dreamy eyes and spoke in a husky voice, "oh... how sweet...", and started laughing uncontrollably while holding her stomach. Mullai stared at Kathir for making the situation even more embarrassing in front of her sister, for which he winked back at her, turning her cheeks red. Kathir chuckled seeing Mullai's horrified reaction and looked at Sivaangi saying, "unga akka naanga pesuna konja nerathula avalo thadava un pera sollitaanga... nee enkitta modhal thadava pesurapo athe thaana panna... ungala paakumbothu I really wish I had a sibling of my own...", the lighter shade of his eyes spoke more of his solitude in all these years of life and Sivaangi kicked away his change of mood in her style, "enna mama idhuku poyi feel pannitu... na vena onnu panren... akka va divorce pannitu unga thangachi aayiren... enna solreenga...".

Kathir's eyes softened looking at this adorable little human he was now blessed to call as his family, "athu theriyala Sivaangi... if I rob you from your sister... she might even say no to me... aana onnu vena I will guarantee you... idha summa vaai vaarthai kaaga sollala... but you will always be our first daughter...", the childlike innocence just fled away from Sivaangi's face, her eyes teared up and she felt her hands being held by her elder sister- her mother like her brother-in-law rightly pointed out. Sivaangi's head drooped with tears flowing down her cheeks, not being able to bear the heaviness of emotions enveloping her. Mullai turned towards Kathir, her eyes glazed with tears as she opened and closed her mouth, her thoughts failing to form words, finally all she could pull out of her was, "Thank you Kathir...". The fear of losing her beloved which she had well-hidden within since she had met Kathir was overwhelming Sivaangi that instant. Mullai hugged her and they both smiled through tears- a memory to be cherished throughout Kathir's life.

The myriad of emotions that each one felt coalesced into silence for a few minutes. Sivaangi broke the silence with her voice rich in everything she owned that moment, "mama... yen enaku unga rendu pethayum paatha first time meet panravanga maariye illa... you both look like you know each other for ages... hesitance irundhalum it's like you both belong to each other... konjam sollungalen how does that magic happen...", Kathir glanced at Mullai's tear stained beautiful face, she really did look like an angel to him, "kalyanam oru vaarathula irukura naalaiyo ennavo I just feel like I am speaking to my wife... ennala Mullai ya thalli vechu paaka mudiyala... but your sister is quite strict with me...". Sivaangi pulled their hands to stand up along with her saying, "konjam strict ah... first meet naala she is being decent with you nu nenaikuren... you will know her hilterism after marriage... hehe...".