~ Cherry on Top ~

The dynamics of the sun and the moon have been the same since ever- they never hold hands and walk together but instead one engulfs another when the heaviness becomes too much to take. They are never seen as an epitome of love ever but the world will never see a love as pristine as theirs. The sun is whole all by itself unlike the moon which goes through phases, you can see it complete and powerful one day to eventually disappear into nothing the other day, only to come back again claiming its reign over the night. One such night of complete darkness shrouded the ever-alive city of Chennai such that the curtains that covered the windows had no real purpose at that particular time. Mullai opened the door of their room with two cups of milk in hand and the melody of her own voice hit her senses quite hard, though the sight in front did compose an even better symphony in her heart. Her man leaning on their bed with his eyes closed listening to her voice like nothing else mattered to him that moment.

Neither the creak of the door while it was shut back into its frame nor her footsteps coming his way had any impact on his current state of complete tranquility. She rolled her eyes peeking into the phone on the table which had the video playing in loop mode, "when did your Mr. Perfect turn so filmy?", teased her subconscious making her chuckle out loud. Seeing him still frozen into a statue form, she paused the video which made his eyelids flutter and he glared at her with furrowed eyebrows as if she had committed a crime. Mullai hiked her right eyebrow, thrusting a glass into his hand, "hello excuse me... andha paata paadunava unga munnadi kuthu kallu maari nikkumbothu edhuku record pannatha kettutu irukeenga... idhula moraipu vera...", Kathir didn't seem to register any of her words but was staring at the glass of milk she had forced into his hand a minute back.

Kathir blinked in total oblivion of what really got into her tonight, "Mulla idhu ennadhu paal ah... neeyuma adhaiye kudikura... nee coffee naan tea thaana usual ah kudipom idhu enna pudhusa... namma enna kolandhaiya night paal kudichutu thoonga...", his face was scrunched in total disgust and she was trying hard to stifle her laughter as she replied, "yen kudicha enna thappu... palagikonga ippa irundhu... innime konja naalaiku no tea ungaluku... athai kooda enna pei ya paatha maari thaan paathaanga naan namma rendu pethukum paal konduporatha paathu... aana athavida unga expression vera level ah iruku Kathir...", he placed the glass on the nearby table and stood up facing her, "Mulla don't even think of joking in this matter... tea ellam ennala kudikaama iruka mudiyaathu... edhavathu google la padichutu pesatha... bad for health nu evanavathu sonna athu laam namba mudiyaathu... inniku ennoda birthday Mulla... you can't do this to me... prank panriya enna...".

Mullai gulped in a mouthful, closing her eyes tight and she coughed hard saying, "yuck...", Kathir pulled the glass out of her hands shouting at her, "Mulla... enna panra nee... ippadi kashta pattu paal kudikanum nu enna avasiyam...", not letting him even complete, she pulled the glass back from him and gulped down the remaining milk in one go saying, "idho paarunga taste palagiruchu... simple... neenga thaan ippa kolandha maari adam pidikureenga ivalo chinna vishayathuku... samatha unga paal ah kudinga paapom and I have a surprise for you...". Kathir shook his head fast, "no no Mulla... ennala mudiyaathu... unaku enna thaan aachu... ithuve coffee ah naa kudikaatha nu sollirundha ennaiyave venaam nu sollirupa... and nee enakaaga paadunathe podhum... un surprise vena neeye vechuko aana indha paal ah mattum kudika sollatha please...".

A soulful smile bloomed on her face and his heart melted in a second while she pulled him to make him sit opposite her, looking into his eyes, "nethu check up ponenla... doctor strict ah coffee kudika kudathunu sollitaanga... and idhu yaarala sollunga unga naala thaana... when I can't drink coffee, you shouldn't drink tea... athu thaana nyayam... equality Kathir equality...", hearing the word doctor, he turned extremely serious, "verum weakness nu thaana sonna Mulla nee... prescription la kooda iron apram some vitamin tablets thaan irundhuthu... coffee anaemic aakum nu venaam nu sonnangala... ennala thaan na... yedha solra... en mela irundha kovathula nee sapadaama thoongama irundha naala thaan weak aana ndratha solriya...".