~ Eternal Solace ~

Life turned into complete bliss for Kathir and Mullai. The next whole week was spent in their togetherness, speaking of everything their minds sort out with no time constraint. The families bonded in an equal vigor and Sivaangi loved every minute they vibed when they all met once in a day or two. The newly married least bothered about the constant teasing of the family. When they both settled in their routine after the holidays, things attained a rhythm in their life. They never left each other's side and their rendezvous every night was the cherry on top of their beautiful life. The physical proximity hiked along with their emotional-connect and days took on a quick pace. Before anyone could count on time, a month passed since their marriage. When everything seemed to be in a streamline, a fated turbulence hindered their path.

Kathir banged into the door in a hurry, Mullai and Sivaangi craned their necks from either of their phones and knowing it's him, resumed their game shouting remarks at each other every few seconds. The room looked messier than it ever was, he calmed his nerves by rubbing his chest, the neighbour kid comes and plays with them often and the room would turn upside down everytime the little one visits. He walked to and fro around the room and was checking his shelf, table and everything, but he could have no sight of the file he was searching. He was calling out for Mullai for the past five minutes but she just kept asking for an excuse for every few minutes he uttered her name, not even bothering to raise her head from the gadget.

A totally annoyed Kathir shouted at the top of his voice, making them both abandon their phones immediately, "Mulla... oru file ah kaanom nu evalo neram theduren... pch... enna idhu room ah illa vera edhavutha... at least oru oorama ella porulaiyum othiki aavathu vekkalaam la... kelambum pothu avasarathula dressing table mela vechitu poiten adhu enga nu ketta theriyala na enna artham... Sivaangi sorry ma...", Sivaangi got up hurriedly from the bed saying, "aiyo mama... no problem... na keela aunty kooda iruken...", she leaned in towards a stilled Mullai murmuring, "akka... thedithaan kuden ka mama ku... avara kovama paatha bayama iruku... calm him down first...". She half ran out of the door, closing it behind her, "unga file kaanom na naan enna panna mudiyum... neenga engaiyo vechutu enna pudichu kathuna athu kedachiruma...", she threw away the blanket covering her and stood up with an irritated look on her face.

Kathir's eyes got fixed on something on the bed and Mullai looked in its direction that made her exclaim out loud, "oh shit...", the file was there under the blanket and to make things worse, that was the file from which she took papers to make boats for the kid a few hours back. She froze on the spot and her heart pounded hard seeing his ears turn red with anger, he took the file and glanced through it. He glared at her with fury written all over his countenance, "idhula irundha paathi papers enga...", Mullai stuttered, "adhu... pakathu veetu papa... paper boat... avakitta... i am really sorry Kathir... neenga important files ah ippadi vekka maateenganu... sorry...", Kathir threw the file across the room with complete indignation, "Mulla... unaku romba edam kodukuren nu nenaikuren naanu... that's why you are taking me so lightly... unaku kodukura freedom ah nee mathikanum... you can't always act so irresponsible...".

He fled the room fixing her rooted to the spot with his stark glare and the door thrashed its frame, making her jump out of her shocked state. His words kept replaying in her mind and the depth of its meaning hurt her more through each passing second. Has she been so thoughtless with him all these days? Tears flowed down her cheeks and she calmed her heart, taking in some deep breaths. She gulped a glassful of water and walked to the file he threw across the room. She took it in her hands and sat on the bed for a few minutes, making herself strong enough to face his anger one more time. After wiping her tears for the nth time, she walked out of their room towards his study room at a snail pace. She heard him apologizing to his senior staff in college through phone for the delay in submitting the papers on time and was asking for some extra time as he had lost the soft copy of it too.