The assasin

'...' means they're thinking
"..." means they're talking
(...) Means I'm telling you information

TANJIRO POV

'Woah! What a nice village😊' I was investigating and questioning the villagers for information on the demon but I just can't help myself and take a look around the village. It's so pretty! So many shops and restaurants, and what a nice fountain. Wait is that koi🤩! I've never seen them before! They look so pretty! Wait.... damn it I smell the demon. Dang, bummer.

I ran to the scent of the demon only for the scent to completely disappear. I stop dead in my tracks and look around me with my hand at the hilt of my sword just in case. Then I smell a child. Wait why is a child all alone out here outside of the village? By its smell she is around 6 with dirty clothes and is crying. I walked over to the little girl and wow she doesn't seem like she's in the best condition.

3rd person view

"Little girl are you ok?"
The little girl suddenly flinched and started shaking in fear after looking at tanjiro. Tanjiro, seeing this, went up to her slowly and pat her head like the older brother he is with a smile. This calmed the little girl who all of a sudden started crying and hugged tanjiro.

"Hey, hey it's ok, it's ok." Said tanjiro after recovering from the shock, hugging the little girl. "What's your name?" Asked tanjiro after the little girl stopped crying, only hiccuping and sniffing but still hugging him.

"M-my....my name is amai" she said, quietly and softly with her head and face in tanjiros chest. "Ah what a beautiful name you have. But can you tell me why you're out here alone after dark?" Asked tanjiro, patting her head.

"S-someone took...took me away from my family... but she just dropped me and left me here" after she replied she started getting teary and was about to cry until tanjiro hugged her again and patted her head, calming her down. "It's ok, I'll take you back to your family" but then tanjiro smelled a demon. But it's coming from the little girl. Wait but-no she isn't the demon, she just has the demons scent on her. Wait.... WAIT THIS IS A TRAP FOR ME!

tanjiro jumped with the girl in his arms when the ground below them started shaking and crumbling. All of a sudden a female demon with long white hair, pale skin, green eyes, purple kimono, and flower markings all over her jumped out of the ground while cackling. "Hehehe you fell right into my trap boy with hanafuda earrings!"

'Why couldn't I smell her before!'
"Are you wondering why you couldn't smell me until now? simple! I made a potion that would rid me of my smell temporarily so I can sneak up on you! But you still jumped out of the way! Looks like I stole that little girl for nothing huh. My names lulu! I just met you and you already annoy me" said the demon while staring at tanjiro with a blank face.

'I can smell her now! Wait...... she's a tragedy. Looks like she's newly turned but still really powerful. She's around 16.'
"Since you set up a trap and called me boy with hanafuda earrings I'm guessing you were waiting for me." Said tanjiro after putting amai behind a couple of crates where she'd be safer.

" ah yes I was. See, master assigned me to kill you before you become a pain in the ass for him! He promised me more of his blood and I just can't wait to eat you up! Based on the little information I got about you I figured that you must love kids so I kidnapped that little girl over there and left her out here. And I was right! How fun is this!" This angered tanjiro a bit. 'How dare she use an innocent child just to get to me' suddenly his aura quickly changed and the look on his face just spoke death.

This made a shiver go down Lulu's spine. Suddenly tanjiro ran to lulu so fast it seemed as if he teleported. All of a sudden she saw a blade with fire sounding it heading to her neck in an incredible speed. Lulus instinct came in and she jumped back just in time but still lost both of her arms. 'Shit that hurts so much! That almost got me! Wait my regeneration is slowing down! Looks like I won't have time to play around. Aww man' and with that she regrew her arms after a couple of seconds, scratched them which drew blood, and activated her blood demon art.