5: Minute Two

Quinn's house was huge. As I walked through her home which was neat and organized, I couldn't help but feel astonished. There was not a single thing out of place.

"Hello," a woman smiled, suddenly making an appearance in a white dress. She had her blonde hair perfectly tucked away in a bun as her beautiful white teeth made their appearance from behind her lips. "Who is this?"

"Mom, this is my new best friend, Madison. Madison, this is my mom," Quinn introduced. Best friend?

"Oh! How splendid!" the woman cheered.

She grabbed onto my wrist and pulled me through the house. I had no choice but to follow as she dragged into a room that smelled like lavender. The interior was as stunning as the rest of the house.

"You have such beautiful hair and high cheekbones. You have so much potential to model if you wanted to!" Quinn's mom complimented. I looked over at Quinn questionably, only to see her eyes narrowing at her mother. "If only my daughter looked more like you."

"Quinn is really pretty, ma'am," I found myself saying.

The woman scoffed.

"Maybe after she puts on some makeup, but her cheeks are still fat. Don't you know that a few years ago, Quinn was the fattest little child," she barked out in laughter. "I had to put her into many camps just to get her to the size she is now."

My brows pulled together as I glanced over at Quinn who looked like smoke was steaming out of her ears.

The mother sighed before sitting me down on a chair and sliding open drawers that were full of makeup. She began to pull out all of the makeup she was planning on using. There was nothing I could say or do as I sat there wondering what was going on.

"Since you are Quinn's best friend, that means you are like a daughter to me... a stunning daughter that I never had," the woman stated. I smiled at her as she pulled out my ponytail from its restraints, allowing my long brown strands to fall cascade down my back with ease.

"Quinn, get over here and feel her hair! This is why I tell you to take care of yourself. It is supposed to feel soft and thick, not tangled and thin," the mom said. Heat crept up my cheeks as she ran her hands through my hair. Quinn decided to stay back, not bothering to move a muscle.

The woman grabbed a brush and began to run it through my hair.

"So, are you on the cheer team?" she asked to fill the loud silence in the room.

I stole a glance at my new friend only to see a deep frown on her face. The moment she noticed my eye, her frown was quickly replaced by a smile as she walked over to me and ran her fingers through my hair.

"She made the team today, mother," Quinn answered her. The woman hummed as she grabbed a bottle of foundation and held it up to my face.

"Do you wear makeup?" she asked. I shook my head as I wondered if I should. All of the girls on the team wore makeup almost every day. I don't think I ever caught Quinn with a bare face. If I had enough skill to do makeup like the rest of the girls, I most definitely would.