Chapter 1 (A/N as well)

A/N: This is modern times, during their senior year in High school in New York City.

~Mikasa's POV~

"No, I don't like it. I might as well make my own." I stepped down from the pedestal and looked to Annie for advice.

"I mean I could personally see you in mint green and white dresses-but I know you don't want to go for neutral colours, anything ruffled, anything too short, something with sleeves and so on."

"Yep, I just need a teal, mint green, or Greek goddess type of dress that isn't white-I should make my own since I'm so specific on this."

"Yeah, anyways-have you thought of a date yet?"

"No-not really. I just broke up with that idiot Jean, and I don't really see myself with anyone for the time being." I replied honestly.

"I mean just a date Mikasa. Not a boyfriend. I'd be more than happy to go as friends but I just don't want to go through the trouble of picking a prom dress for myself." Annie replied truthfully. She took out her phone, it was a call from someone. "Sorry, it'll be just a moment." Annie went to the side, and I went back into a dressing room to get that god awful neon pink dress off. Somehow, Annie oddly liked it on me even though it was such a bright and un-complimenting colour on me and shew way too much cleavage for my liking. Annie is just more liberal and has a different definition of modesty, it's not a bad one but a worldly one.

I could barely get my boobs through the dress and unzip it, it was so tight and immodest for me, I felt like a hooker from L.A. I metaphorically ripped the dress off from utter disgust, why did I even try this on in the first place?!

"Annie! I'm almost good to go!" I shouted over the stalls.

"Got it! I'll wait by the door!"

"Kay!" I adjusted my under garments and slipped into my skinny jeans and burgundy pullover, shoved my sock-covered feet into my winter timberlands, and put my side bag over my shoulders. Last but not least, I neatly brushed my hair, and grabbed that god awful dress to give back.

'Maybe I should stop looking in mirrors from now on?' I thought. After lingering for a bit, I shook myself out of it, grabbed the disgusting dress, and headed out.

"Anything you like?" An employee asked in a thick Indian accent.

"Sorry." I sheepishly smiled. "Not for now at least" I awkwardly handed her the dress and gave a sympathetic smile, and went to the front of the store where Annie was waiting.

"Okay, let's go and get something to eat." I smiled. We both haven't eaten since last night besides some snacks during school. And the bus back home would take at least an hour since we were both all the way in White Plains. After a nice subways and drink with raspberry cheesecake cookies, we both left to the bus across the mall, right before it left off.

"This is my stop." Annie smiled.

"Bye Annie Behr!" I smiled, and side hugged her since the bus just stopped. "Text me when you get home safe!"

"Sure thing!" She walked out through the back door.

Macklemore Ft. Fences- Other side was playing on repeat on my phone. I was walking by Main Street and prospect. A lot of drug dealers and druggies lived by me and in my buildings, but they never bothered me besides dirty looks or sexual ones from time to time. But it was only 19:00, so most of them weren't there at the time.

I safely got through the entrance of my complex buildin,g and went through the courtyard to get to my number building. "Hey Mikasa!" I heard a familiar voice randomly call, it was my older brother Eren. He wasn't in college or working, but he was working towards getting into the military, as well as hanging out with idiots in the building we lived in.

"Hey, what's up? I responded with my hands shoved into my pockets: I always forget my gloves.

"This is my friend Franz and-" I kept walking home. It was a guy and he was giving me some looks, and he was the guy that made fun of my special sister. He also said some rather inappropriate things about me as well.

"Well okay?" Eren said perplexed in the distance.

I got into the lobby and waited patiently for the elevator to arrive. Another person walked into the lobby, they were hooded and leaned on the wall, also waiting for the elevator. The music I was listening to was just amazing, and spoke the truth about drugs and the world of rap. Macklemore is just amazing.

"Hey!" A masked man stormed into the lobby. "Hands where I can see them!" Is this the police? "Get your cash out-all of it and don't hold back!" Whoops never mind. Neither of us responded. "NOW!" The masked man said and pulled out a gun. Aw shit.

"I- I don't have any money on me only 5 bucks-"

"All of it! And you too hoody!" The man yelled. He hesitantly looked at the elevator's spot, the number said 12 and moved quickly to 9.

"NOW YOU LITTLE SHITS!" He wagged the gun and moved towards me. I was in a panic, I've never dealt with muggers who had guns (usually only ones with knives). Before he could reach any further, the hooded person behind the mugger grabbed him by the ribs and threw him to the ground. The man groaned and the hooded boy kicked the gun away while he had the chance. He repeatedly kicked him in the stomach until he could no longer move, and I stood there in shock, not knowing what to do or how to respond. He looked up to my direction and grabbed my arm.

"Come on, it isn't safe."

"Uh--."

"What?!"

I snatched my arm back. "I don't know who the hell you are!" I shouted back. He took his hood down. "It's me, M-Marco, Marco Bodt."

"Bodt!?" I asked happily. I ran up and hugged him happily, and he hugged me back. "I'm so sorry! And why so mysterious?" I released and he took me outside.

"I was here to visit Jean my best friend-but that man, I noticed his sweater and it had the emblem of this group of idiots in our school-wannabe thugs." Marco scoffed to the simple thought of it.

"I've never seen you like that before! That wasn't very Marco-like." I chuckled. He's on the football team sure, but not one to ever do something like that. At least he doesn't seem like that type of guy to.

"Come on let's go." He grabbed my wrist to follow. I couldn't hold it in but I flinched in pain and took my arm back.

"You okay Mikasa?"

"Yeah, sorry I'm just having bodily aches again. . ." I shyly admitted, kind of. He stared at me for a while.

"Okay? Well let's go and grab a snack and catch a movie?"

"On second thought-I have a lot of homework and Jean is still acting like a jerk over the whole break up thing. . ." I lied about the homework part, hoping he'll buy it since I usually always have homework.

"Oh. Okay. Well I'll walk you home okay?"

"Okay."

By the time we returned inside, the assailant had disappeared. We shrugged it off, and Marco took me to the 15th floor where we both lived. But he was in the apartment next to mine. I had my own since a few months ago, I cashed enough money to somewhat gain some freedom from my psychotic family.

"Well, here we are. I'll see you at school okay? Be safe and don't think too much into the whole Jean thing, I'll talk to him." He pat the side of my arm and gave me a pound.

"Alright, I will try to, and thanks-for everything. See you tomorrow."

"Bye."

"Bye." I said lowly, and went inside my apartment.

~~

The chapters will be longer, this is just for now c:

What did you all think? c: