Chapter Nine

My exhale felt like my breath should've been visible, as it would be in the cold of winter.

"Marco, I don't . . . I don't not like you. . ." I admitted in a cowardly way. I couldn't say the words.

"Wait--what?" Marco was neither sad nor happy, merely confused.

I stood silent, waiting until he pieced it together. And his face grew red, the reddest I've ever seen actually. . .he turned away from me and I could even see his ears getting so red I grew immensely concerned!

"Ma-Marco?--Are you alright!?" I pushed myself up, putting my hand on his shoulder. At my mere touch he jumped up and wouldn't let me see his face.

"I--" He choked and sniffled a bit and cleared his voice as a sick person would "I have to go--now. . ." He was buckling his side bag shut and tying his laces--that's probably what he tripped over.

"Marco!" I yelled, quite frankly getting upset at it all.

He kept going, he wasn't stopping. At all. This got me angry. Anger makes me do anything I wish to. So I got up and jumped on his back and he shot up straight, still holding onto me realising fully that I was indeed, on his back.

"Mikasa! What the hell are you doing!?"

"TELL ME!"

"TELL YOU WHAT!?"

"YOU KNOW WHAT!"

He kept swiveling around like when we were children and we would play piggy backs.

To intentionally make it worse I covered his eyes

"BODT I WON'T LET YOU SEE OR LEAVE UNTIL YOU TELL ME!"

"YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW--WHY ELSE WOULD I HAVE KISSED YOU?!"

My eyes widened to both the answer and my overwhelming momentary stupidity. I calmed down, feeling my heart beat rhythmically beat deeply and slowly, yet almost fast. It hurt like there was a knife in my chest.

Marco was backing up to a wall where he slid myself and himself down to the floor, with my hands still over his eyes. Before removing them I cupped my hands and fingers together, streaming them down his paint-like eyes to keep closed. After that I leaned on his back and hugged him from behind like a spider monkey**

With my ear to his back I could hear and feel his heart beat, almost the same as mine. My heart melted. Marco wasn't saying anything so I checked, and his moist eyes were still shut.

We stood there in silence. Peaceful, blissful silence. I could sleep like this, I want to now. I stood there latching on and closed my eyes. Like a baby, I was completely vulnerable.

I tightened my arms and legs around him more comfortably to feel warmer. I was only in a wife beater tank and Nike track shorts with no heat on, I'm currently low on money.

Marco leaned back making me dip into an angle as he brought his face to mine, cheek to cheek. I opened my eyes to his eyes; still closed. I was afraid. I can understand now why he didn't want to look at me.

What do we do? Stay here?

Blind

Full of fear?

I sighed deeply and I could feel myself cringe

Marco felt that and he rubbed my hands, his warmth replacing my heaters. I pressed my lips on his smooth and soft face which I had constant envy over because he never had acne. I left a smile and kissed Marco's field of freckles.

A grin grew across his face and I could feel the overwhelming heat from his hypertension. This made me smile and I nuzzled into his neck leaving a trail of kisses which made him squirm a bit, then I went back to just cuddling him.

~Marco's POV~

So much is happening

So much is going through my mind

My best friend, finally "doesn't not like me."

In other words, she felt the same way do for her. For years I've felt like this

Okay maybe like 2 years but still, it's been a long time

I don't know what sparked it, but it just happened. And there was nothing that I could do to subdue my ever growing feelings. I'm such a sap.

I never told any of my friends, not even Jean. Maybe one time I hinted to it but I would see the way he would look at her and annoy her between classes, then he confided with me how he felt.

I couldn't just crush him, plus that was back when he wasn't such a bad guy

But now, I can't let her slip away, she can't be the one that got away. I won't let it happen. And I won't let him hurt her anymore, even if it kills me. This might all sound melodramatic, but this is real. This is very real. Maybe not to others since they've never experienced it, but abuse isn't a joke.

It never is and I hope it never will be.

My eyes were still closed. All I wanted to do was to open them, to stop thinking of this all. At the right moment she left a smile on my cheek and kissed me there. I couldn't help but to smile, and then she trailed my neck with kisses. . .that can get someone going. But she stopped so, I was fine.

I won't lie, I wanted more, but not at time like this, especially under the circumstances. Even if so, she's very virtuous and chaste. . .something I wish I could say for myself. . .

Goddammit I just want to open my eyes already!

I felt my fists suddenly clench and I soon as they did, I released them. Hopefully she didn't see.

I don't want to break the silence but

"Mikasa?" I asked lowly.

Her head moved up slowly "Hmm?"

"Can I, may I open my eyes if that's fine with you?"

"Hm?. . .Mhm."

I sighed full of relief and opened them, then turned my neck painfully to see her: she looked like she was sleeping, clutching onto me.

"Kasa? I think you should get some rest it's already. . ." I looked at my watch and darted my eyes wide opened, what felt like hours were only ten.min.utes. . . I gulped and spoke a bit strained.

"Uh. . it's been ten minutes. . ."

"Ohkay Mar Mar, take me to dream land. . ." she whispered softly, her eyes drooping as she weakly point to her bed, with her other arm still attached to me.

"Aye aye captain." I smirked and felt her chuckle vibrate through my chest and back.

I placed her backwards onto her bed from me [since she was on my back]. Mikasa groaned, which was my cue to cover her up deep into her multiple comforters.

I did so willingly and smiling, leaving a long and meaningful kiss on her forehead. She weakly smiled and quickly slept barely 2 seconds after.

This all, has been mentally and emotionally exhausting.

Home I go now, only a door or so down. I don't care, I just want some rest. But I shouldn't leave her here alone, so I took a shower and took night on her couch.

|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|
GUYS SO I FOUND SOME MARCO X MIKASA FAN ARTTTT EEEKKKKKK!!!!! FINALLY
IM SOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!

**I will stab you if you dare say what I know you're going to say