Chapter 2

~Marco's POV~

"Seriously?" Jean yelled into his phone, some girl was on the other line, Mikasa I'm supposing. "You're not breaking up with me-sorry Marco I'll be right back-No! Well is your name Marco?!" I heard him yell back into his phone. Jean walked out of his room and went to the living room, leaving the door opened. I went on his computer to play some Halo, even though I don't really like it.

"Yeah uh well that's not how it works-so what! If I like doing weed and feel like winging it in my life that's not your problem! No, we're not breaking up unless I say so. So get used to it and get over it, I'm not letting you go until I feel like it, got it?! Good! Don't hang up on me unles-goddammit!" Jean was so loud, I tried not to listen but how can I not when he's yelling right into his phone.

I heard his footsteps coming back and I automatically turned the swivel chair back to the computer.

"Hey Marco, sorry about that." He was scratching the back of his head. "It's just that my girl and I are having some issues."

I nodded and slipped into my sweater, the heat in his apartment was off because they're having some sort of technical difficulties.

"What's up with you and Mikasa-if you don't mind me asking of course?"

"Ah-it's nothing. She's just being a bitch about me doing weed and I did coke like once. Plus she's got this whole entire--! Ugh she's just messing up my flow man. I don't need that!"

"Whoa okay-that didn't sound like 'nothing.' But whatever Jean." I said sarcastically, and went back to the computer. I heard Jean letting out a big sigh of frustration, and he plopped down on his bed.

"Sorry man. I just don't want to be that senior who was dumped by a fucking junior."

"Well she's a senior technically."

"Dude just because she's graduating early, that doesn't mean she's not a junior! She's still like 16 or 17 almost. Whatever!"

"Dude." I turned around slowly for dramatic effect, and raised a concerning eyebrow to him. "You don't know her birthday?"

"That's not the point."

"Haha sure okay. . ." I chuckled.

"Well I just want to break up with her once I'm done with her." Jean admitted. Whoa. I didn't turn back to the computer.

"Whoa there Jean boy, what do you mean 'done with her'?" I stupidly asked.

"Of course you wouldn't know you goody goody. I mean you know?" He used his arms as if he were pushing something repeatedly towards his lower regions. "You know? That good stuff?" Jean winked.

"Are you serious? I thought you liked her for her?!"

"I mean I did, until she started that entire drug rant shit and started saying that I should really think about my future and crap."

"Well . . . she's not wrong you know?" I paused before speaking again. And then decided not to say anything more.

"Marco what do you mean?! What are you trying to say here mate?!"

"Hey nothing alright. It's. . . it's just that people who do that stuff don't really succeed in much things-and look, you're on the football team with me and they're having drug tests next week."

"Aw shit-and that doesn't mean anything Marco."

"You're failing 3 classes, you basically treated her like dirt the first few months and wouldn't even compliment her on anything she ever did for you. And you showed up drunk to your own surprise birthday party. . ."