Chapter Eleven

I GET TO TRAVEL EUROPE [Ukraine, Spain, and London!!] c: In 1 year and then travel and learn abroad to Honduras next semester!!

~Marco's POV~

The rest of the day was okay. Jean would shove by me in the locker room during football practise but it did not matter to me at this point. As long as he didn't put his hands on me, or Mikasa especially, then all is well. I'm just ecstatic that things seem to be doing well!

"Yo--did you see this!?" A friend came up to me in a  rather happy but excited way, with their phone in their hand.

"Wha--?" I just rolled my eyes, it was still the video of Jean and I fighting. "Yeah if you have not noticed I was there, and everyone was talking to me the next day when it happened." I scoffed and picked my duffle bag up.

"Nah nahh Marco I don't think you understand--"

"What is it that I don't understand Thomas?" I keened on, raising an eyebrow to Thomas in a rather annoyed manner.

"You can't let coach Smith see this! He'll cut you and Jean from the team--remember we gotta be like bros--but even when we be havin' our arguments here and there it's okay."

I could tell Thomas wanted to say more, if it was okay then why would it matter if coach saw this or not?

"Look can you just tell me, everything should be fine then right?" I asked Thomas.

His eyes went to the floor then he just let out a nervous chuckle as he scratched the back of his head. He is evidently nervous. "Yeaaaahh. . .about that--since it was public and it's all over social media, coach would be pissed and call you both an embarrassment. Look for your sake since you helped me out with AP world history I'm not saying nothing. But I can't help you if he finds out himself. Just good luck bro and I hope things with you both are cool." Thomas finished, pat me on the side of my arm and left to go home.

This all just came as a shock to me. I'm not necessarily afraid but just taken off guard I suppose. But who cares, anything to protect Mikasa. She has been battling so long with this and I didn't even notice the signs so I owe her big time.

I can't help but feel helplessly guilty or responsible for not being such an attentive friend. I knew Jean always had a minor drinking problem, I say minor because he is still on the football team after all.

I know how aggressive he can get but he usually blows off the steam in sports or at least as I used to think. 

I knew he was somewhat hateful towards women considering  how badly his ex treated him.

I knew he was angry at the world.

But I just think it would leave him like this.. . .this fucked up.

So fucked up as to abuse anyone let alone his own girlfriend.

My best friend.

Someone.

~Mikasa's POV~

"No." I anxiously ripped off the piece of cloth from under the sewing machine. My prom dress wasn't coming out as planned. I should take a break and maybe clear my mind, then I can possibly get this pattern to come out the way I want it to.  

"Marco." I was defeated as my head lay face first onto the table, my forehead being my only support and my eyes aimlessly glued to the ground. I let out a deep sigh of exhaustion. "Do you think I need to get out more?"

"Huh? Well sure you need some sunlight, you're getting so pale I thought you were a vampire a few times." He chuckled, poking at my cheek.

"Ha-ha very funny. And if so, I think going out with Annie would be good for once. I haven't spoken with her so long after all, besides yesterday of course." I picked my head up, looking to him on the couch for an answer.

"Yeah I think some change would be nice."

"But tomorrow Marco, I'm just exhausted although I have only gone to school and finished half of my assignments." I grunted in annoyance. It is just one of those days when nothing is specifically wrong but you just feel unmotivated and as if in some odd way, life itself is cheating you with every breath you breathe.

"Hahaha alright, so should we watch a movie or make memes or? I don't know, I don't really have much to do besides skype with Eren later; he has Fallout 4."

"Oh yeah I know, he promised he would let me play it tomorrow when he gets back from work."

"Weird. . .he told me the same thing. . ."

"Yeah yeah whatever Marco, don't catch feelings haha. And he's my brother so he's going to let me play first for sure, you have no power here!"

"Oh really!?"

"Yeah and also it's my apartment you're in right now! I can kick you out anytime!" I huffed like a small entitled girl.

"Well what if I don't wanna be here anyways!" Marco joked, sticking his tongue out. "Plus you love me and my freckles too much anyways, so keep dreaming Ackerman."

"Hmm as much as I hate to admit it, you're probably right." I admitted.

"Hmm yeah. . .probably." Marco mimicked me, trying to get me to say he is 100% correct.

"Annyywaayyss, I should take a nap, I feel like shit."

"Sure. I guess I'll just be bored here. By myself. With no one or nothing to do. All. a.lone.you.know. . ."

"Marco, you do know you have your own home to return to right?"

"Haha riiigghhtt Mikasa. Just for my mom to make me do stuff and watch after my little brother--you're right---sike! Do you mind me just being on netflix or something?"

"Sure why not, just don't mess with my things, I know you have self-control just not with my things specifically."

"Because they're so interesting! Who wouldn't want to touch this!" He commenced to pet my velvet frame above the couch. 

"Well you're not wrong--but still! If everything isn't normal when I wake, I will kill you."

"Deal, death is inevitable regardless."

"Oh whatever Marco, later nerd." I grabbed my blanker off of the loveseat and yawned my way into my room.

A/N:  I am so sorry for the late updates once again! And short chapters. Just life occupying me as usual, and wow it has almost been a year since I started this off. Not many reads but I really hope you readers are enjoying this, please tell me how I am doing and if there is anything I can do to make it better :c c:n  later!