Chapter 3

~Marco's POV~

"Was that Jean?" I lowered my voice and sat next to her.

"Why?"

"What do you mean 'why?'!? I'm here for you, now again, was that Jean?"

"So what?" Mikasa became defensive now.

"Listen I'm just trying to help you out here and-"

"Yeah well I don't need your help or anyone's, so let's just drop it. I should get home now-" She started to get up and I pushed her back down. She turned to me and gave me a look of shock.

"Don't try me Mikasa, I can throw a 250 pound person down. I'm quarterback for a reason, I'm even stronger than Jean."

"I-I I have to go home now! Marco you don't understand-" She got up and I threw her down on my bed again. She suddenly let out a gasp of pain and held her arm.

"I'm so sorry Mikasa are you oka-please I didn't mean to-let me see!" Oh goodness what did I do!? What did I do what did I do?!

"No Marco it's nothing-" I cut here sentence off to see a huge purple bruise spotting from the bottom of her arm to the upper parts of her arm. I know I didn't do that. I was in awe. I didn't know how to respond.

"Mikasa?!" I asked out of breath, I couldn't believe my eyes.

"It's nothing I can handle myself." I looked to her beginning to stream tears down her face, her eyes wouldn't meet mine as she covered her arm up again with her long sleeve sweater.

As she got up and put her shoes on and her pullover, I just stood there sitting on my bed. Still now knowing what to do or how to react. I looked up and she was already done and heading out of my bedroom door. I got up and pulled her by the waist to me.

"Marco-stop I'm going home-" I turned her around and held her close to me, hugging her with my cheek on her head.

"Mikasa-please be safe-don't go-I-I can't let you." Slowly, she hugged me back. "You're my best friend, and I can't sit back and watch you go-what could hap-" My voice cracked and I began to tear up. "You might not come back."

Mikasa started sobbing. "Please stay here, I won't tell anyone." I lied. I won't let this be unheard. She needs to get help. She began to sob grossly and kept trying to catch her breath. I picked her up and brought her to the living room couch.

"Stay here." I said. I came back with a glass of water and some chamomile tea, her favourite.

I kept an appropriate distance from her. She was on the other side with her side leaning on the arm rest and her legs to the other side. Sitting as if she were on a picnic mat. She didn't look up, not even when I sat down or placed the drinks down for her. It wasn't awkward perse the silence, but rather uncomfortable in the manner that I didn't know what to say. Nor did I want to oblige her to speak first. I hunched by resting my elbows to each of my knees and resting my head in my hands. I peered over to her, and she finally took the chamomile tea as hoped.

That was a good sign. I think I can talk now. I slowly went back to sitting normally, and let out a soft exhale, and turned my head to her.

"Now." I paused. "Y-you know I've gotta ask--how long, how long has this been going on?"

"Haha." She softly laughed to herself, smiling a bit in fact, and she wiped her tears away with her sleeve, sniffling. "Too long in fact. This is all my fault. I let this happen."

"Why do you say that?" I wouldn't ever blame this on her, who would besides that monster I once called my best friend.

She wouldn't answer and continued her talk.