Chapter 1

"So class can any of you tell me what the answer to this question is?" Mrs Clank asked, sharp green eyes roaming over every student, watching few avert their eyes to avoid answering, hands fidgeting in their laps. A few hands were up from the snobby brats who thought too high of themselves with a smirk on their face. Her eyes landed on a student who had a few beads of sweat rolling down her face, twisted into something that meant she needed the toilets.

"Yes Emily, can you tell me the answer?" she asked, deliberately delaying her to relieve herself.

"Um... actually Mrs...I...uh...need to go use the bathroom please?" she asked trying to force a smile for her teacher, whom she hated with her guts. Mrs Clanks smiled albeit too sweetly for Emily's like, but she did not drop her fake smile. She wasn't always harsh....she was in fact the most evilest woman she had ever come across, she never liked it when students missed the class for their own petty reasons such as going to the toilet. Honestly, couldn't they go beforehand or did they come to school sent with nappies?

"Of course Emily, but you know what that means though don't you?" Emily's moment of happiness was downplayed, she knew what was to happen if she went...two weeks of homework to be turned in for one week. Emily was usually a bright kid as she had no problem doing the work, so with her one devil of a smile, she replied, "Of course Mrs." Others were less fortunate, homework building up higher than their debts they would have to owe in the future.

The green eyed woman's smile turned into an ugly frown, tiny rows of wrinkled skin visible over a mile away. "Go on then, no more than five minutes."

No sooner had the words left her mouth, Emily went rushing out the class, slamming the door in haste... followed by a loud sorry which caused a few heads to pop out the doors.

Half an hour later.....

Mrs Clanks had 15 minutes to finish the lesson and Emily still had not returned. Probably has diarrhoea. Even telling herself this did not reassure the growing nervousness in her every minute passing by. I'll check on her after the lesson.

The bell had rung for break time and Emily was still not back. The students had quickly collected their papers, stuffing them into the bag already overfilled with other subjects. Mrs Clanks strolled over to Emily's desk to find anything unusual for her lateness to class. Nothing out of the ordinary.

She directed herself towards the girl's toilets hearing a few giggles and a few words of missing class and bunking. Of course she would. With a satisfied grin, she turned the corner, determined to give Emily the lecture of her lifetime. Opening her mouth to speak, she had then noticed a group of girls from the higher class staring at her as if she had swallowed a frog, the group walking away from her muttering something about weirdoes.

Suddenly feeling too hot out of embarrassment, she pushed the door open to be relieved by the cool air coming in from the small window open on the other side. Guessing a pervert had constructed this. Her first time being here, she was not quite fond of it already. Drawings on the walls, tissues on the floor, empty makeup bottles in the sinks and red fingerprint smudges on the edges of the porcelain sinks. So mostly a typical girls bathrooms to be precise.

Noticing one cubicle was locked, she called out "Emily? ....You in there?"

....

....

....

No response. Mrs Clanks had knocked on the door to find no answer still. Weird.

"Yes?" Mrs Clanks jumped on the spot, heart racing for a reason she couldn't define. Not Emily. "Sorry about that, you carry on." Walking away she heard a snort, and rolled her eyes. Now a new question lingered on her mind, where was Emily? The weather was too cold, with repeated forecasts of hail stoning and heavy rain to last all week for her to go out.